AFG 13.0AT Treadmill
What We Like
- Stability: Treadmills by Advanced Fitness group are stable. This model weighs nearly 250 pounds and has a 350-pound capacity.
- Strong Motor: 2.5 CHP motor it an excellent value. It beats competitors in this price category and has a lifetime warranty.
- Workout Variety: Seven workout modes guide exercise to help you with weight loss, endurance and other goals. The preset modes are Manual, Intervals, Mountain Walk, Weight Loss Walk, Hill Walk, Cardio Challenge, and Endurance Challenge. You can track your progress over days, weeks and months.
- Incline: A 12-degree incline increases in half-degree increments. Incline training helps people tone different muscles and burn calories quickly.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Contact heart rate monitors have become standard even among discount treadmills. They are included on this model.
- MP3 Player Port: This unit has an MP3 jack. Other AFG treadmills add speakers.
- Warranty: Advanced Fitness Group has great warranties. Their 13.0 treadmill is sold with lifetime protection on the motor and frame, three years of parts coverage and one year of labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Shorter track: The motor is powerful enough to handle running but the track is too short for people with long running strides. Some other AFG treadmills have 60” tracks.
- Size: If you need a compact fitness machine, look elsewhere. The assembled dimensions for the 13.0 are 79″L x 36″W x 61″H.
This treadmill isn’t outstanding when all the possibilities are considered, but it’s very good for its price category. Customers get great purchase protection thanks to the lifetime motor warranty and three years of parts coverage.
We think that it’s worthwhile though to wait for a sale and get a more advanced treadmill. The 7.1AT probably provides the best value from AFG; you can add new preset workouts via the USB port. Treadmill shoppers also like NordicTrack and other ICON fitness brands. Those machines include iFit personal training and Internet access.