The TS400i Treadmill falls midway in BH Fitness’s Signature Series lineup. It looks almost identical to the top-of-the-line TS500i, but it’s a bit shorter and can fold up to save floor space. Both BH Fitness treadmills have strong motors, orthopedic tracks, 13 workout programs, and Bluetooth compatibility for Internet.
The TS400i Treadmill has a 57″ track. Its frame and motor are sold with lifetime guarantees. Parts are covered for five years.
What We Like:
- Full Track: Although this treadmill folds, you’ll have enough room to run unless your stride is especially long. The BH Fitness TS400i Treadmill track is 57” long. It’s also extra-wide at 22”.
- Varied Track Cushioning: Just like the non-folding TS500i, this treadmill has orthopedic cushioning. Active-Flex suspension technology provides a cushy shock-absorbing landing zone and a firmer area from which to push off. This combination can help improve your endurance and reduce the risk of injuries associated with running.
- Console: Each Signature Series treadmill by BH Fitness has a 7″ console with touchscreen. With i.Concept technology, the console integrates entertainment and fitness. First, there are 13 programs. You can use classic treadmill workout modes such as Warm Up, Hills and Fat Burning, or you can play motivational games such as simulated race against the computer. Second, this console is Bluetooth-enabled for your Apple (iPhone or iPad) or Android device. It lets you download new training apps, your music files and the Internet during workouts.
- Motor: The 3.0 HP treadmill motor provides enough power for almost any runner. It has a lifetime warranty.
- Speed: Run at up to 12 mph! You can exercise in manual mode or let the treadmill adjust your speed.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring: The TS400i Treadmill is compatible with Polar® wireless monitoring. (The chest strap is sold separately.) Contact heart rate grips are included too, but a chest strap can continuously send heart rate data to the console. The data can help you exercise at the right effort level for your goals. You can also use wireless monitoring with Heart Rate Control programs. These special exercise programs adjust in response to your heart rate data.
- Incline: A 12% maximum incline not only keeps exercise interesting, it helps you trigger different muscle fibers. Incline training is an excellent way to tone muscle, burn calories more quickly, and relieve stress on your knees.
- Capacity: The TS400i Treadmill has a maximum user weight of 400 pounds. It weighs about 250 pounds itself, so you can expect stability with good assembly.
- Folding: This unit requires a bit more floor space than the average home treadmill, but it can be vertically folded when not in use. Folding is actually an easy process despite the product’s weight. Wheels are attached to facilitate moving the machine too.
- Safety Key: A safety key helps protect pets and small children from activating the treadmill.
- Extras: The TS400i has the hallmarks of a typical health club treadmill. You’ll get a fan to help you keep cool, an accessory rack and charging port, and a built-in water bottle holder.
- Warranty: BH Fitness provides some of the most generous warranties in the industry. The TS400i Treadmill is sold with lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, five years of coverage for parts, and one year of labor. Cosmetic issues are covered for the first year.
What We Don’t Like:
- Not Cutting-Edge: If you must have the newest treadmill technologies, then this unit isn’t for you. For example, 10” and larger touchscreens are now available.
- Not Super-Durable: The parts warranty here is pretty long, but it’s still half that of the BH Fitness TS500i. The shorter labor warranty is also a slight cause for concern. Every BH Fitness treadmill currently being manufactured comes with two years of labor — except for this one and the TS200i. A better option might be the Sole F80 Treadmill, which has five years of parts coverage and two years of labor.
The BH Fitness TS400i Treadmill is a very good choice for a folding treadmill. It has an appealing combo of features: physical comfort, workout variety and entertainment options. We also like the 12% incline for muscle toning and a metabolic boost. We prefer the TS500i if you don’t need a folding treadmill — but if you must fold, this product is a nice option.
Do compare prices with the folding Sole F80 Treadmill. It has a five-year parts warranty and a two-year labor warranty. It also has a slightly larger screen, 7.5″. Finally, it has slightly larger track rollers than what you get on the BH Fitness TS400i — and all things being equal, larger rollers mean less wear and tear.