The ridiculously low priced Confidence Power Plus Treadmill is a lightweight and foldable fitness machine. It supports walking and light jogging with a speed range of 0.6 to 6.2 miles per hour. Unlike most folding treadmills, the Confidence Power Plus is even small enough for under-the-bed storage. However, the Confidence Power Plus’ almost obscenely low price tag shows in it’s unfortunately low quality. This machine is extremely limited when compared with the average entry-level treadmill.
One glaring shortcoming is the motor that clocks in at a mere 600 Watts. That’s not even one horsepower and 2.5 HP is the minimum for a good walker’s treadmill. Because this motor is so weak, the ironically-named Power Plus is programmed to automatically turn off after 30 minutes of use. So don’t expect to enjoy any prolonged workouts. Granted the treadmill can generally be re-started immediately, but users aren’t warned before the machine comes to an abrupt stop, which is an injury waiting to happen.
Some other shortcomings of this budget treadmill include the crampted workout area (38.5″ x 14″) and irritating noisiness during speed changes. It’s also worth noting that the Confidence brand isn’t focused exclusively on fitness. They build products as diverse as treadmills, wooden rabbit hutches, metal crates, and sidewalk menu boards. So, clearly the company doesn’t particularly care about meeting contemporary fitness standards. They just want to shift units.
What We Like:
- Price: The Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill has a sale price of $179. That’s about 75% cheaper than a standard entry-level treadmill. However, this machine is also 100% inferior to other entry-level treadmills in every way.
- Compact and Portable: The Confidence Power Plus demands much less space than the average home treadmill. Its footprint is just 49″ long x 24″ wide. When the machine is folded for storage, it’s approximately 49″ long x 24″ wide x 11″ high. So it can be stored in a corner, a closet, or beneath a bed. The Power Plus Treadmill weighs 49 pounds and has attached wheels.
- User Weight Capacity: This fitness machine is safety can support user weights up to 250 pounds, which is typical of treadmills in this price class.
- Speed Range: The motor can support an approximately 10-minute mile. The speed range of 0.6 to 6.2 mph will support walkers and speed walkers, but satisfy precisely no one else.
Confidence Power Plus Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||38.5" x 14"|
|Top Speed:||6.2 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||250 LBS|
|Dimensions:||49" L x 24" W x 50" H|
- Assembly: You might assume that because this treadmill is so basic that assembly would be quick. Nope. Customers frequently complain that they get frustrated by the confusing assembly instructions.
- No Programs: The Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill lacks workout programming entirely. It does display speed, time, distance, and calories burned. The calorie data will only be approximate though. The machine uses a default user weight in calculations.
- No Incline: The Power Plus Treadmill does not have a track incline. In contrast, many other discount treadmills have at least one incline option to allow faster calorie burn and more muscle toning. A slight incline can also make walking more comfortable for people with sensitive knees.
- Motor: The Confidence treadmill motor is one of the weakest in the entire industry. It has just 600 Watts maximum output, which isn’t even one horsepower. The industry standard for motors on durable treadmills for walkers is about 2.5 or 3.0 horsepower.
- Noisy: The machine isn’t quiet when changing speeds.
- Track Size: The track size is rather short and very narrow. Measuring just 38.5″ long and 14″ wide, it’s much smaller than the 55″ x 20″ track of typical entry-level treadmills for walkers.
- Cushioning: This ultra-thin treadmill lacks cushioning. Treadmills priced at $500 and up tend to have decks that absorb more impact, thereby making treadmill exercise much more comfortable than outdoor walking or jogging.
- Warranty: This treadmill is not advertised with a manufacturer’s warranty.
The Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill is one of the easiest treadmills to move and to store. It’s also one of the cheapest treadmills on the market. Other than that, the machine is downright horrible and impossible for us to recommend. If you’re determined to buy a treadmill for less than $500, we urge you to find one that at least includes free shipping/returns and a manufacturer’s warranty. Please see our Best Cheap Treadmills page for further recommendations. Do not settle for this pathetic machine.