What We Like
- Price: The XTr sells for less than $1400 and is discounted online.
- iPod port: An iPod or other MP3 player can be used with the treadmill’s sound system.
- Track: The track measures 60”x20” and can incline up to 12%. Its shock absorption system makes treadmill running easier on the body than road running.
- Programs: The Epic XTr has 34 built-in workout programs and is compatible with iFit Live, the only wireless Internet system for treadmills. iFit provides automatic workout downloads, virtual personal training, competition with 5k races against Facebook friends, and other fun and motivating features.
- Heart rate monitoring: Pulse is monitored through handlebar grips.
- Console: The console can easily be read by people of all different heights. It includes a fan to keep trainees cool and comfortable.
- Motor: The 2.5 CHP motor supports a user weight of up to 325 pounds. It’s sold with a lifetime warranty.
- Fair warranty: This treadmill includes a lifetime frame and motor warranty and one year of coverage for parts and labor.
- Space-saving: The XTr can be folded with Easy Drop self-folding technology.
The Epic XTr stands out for being a low-priced treadmill with built-in personal training and heart rate control programs. It costs just a bit more than the 450 MX and is definitely worth the extra money. This unit has a more powerful motor, a greater weight capacity, more programs, and a higher incline than its predecessor. However, prospective customers should check out the Sole treadmills before buying the Epic XTr. Sole treadmills sometimes offer better value.