The Horizon 7.0 AT is truly built for runners. There aren’t any particular bells and whistles, but it does offer exactly what is needed—features that provide challenging workouts for most fitness levels and a machine strong enough to bear the physical demands of a runner pushing his or her limits.
The treadmill has a steel frame, which gives it a strong foundation—sturdy and durable enough to handle more intense runs. Its 3.0 CHP motor is quite powerful, not to mention steady and quiet, and comes with a lifetime warranty. The 60″ running deck is a bit longer than the standard 55″, making it a good choice for taller runners and those with a longer stride.
The speed goes up to 12 mph, while the incline upper limit is 15%. Combined, these ranges can make for challenging runs as well as aggressive interval training and conditioning for any runner. It’s more than enough for a good cardio workout and lower body muscle toning. Speaking of cardio, the heart rate monitor is a grip pulse to quickly check your vitals.
The display is 16 digit alphanumeric LED with a 7-inch LCD screen. Connect with Bluetooth through the Android or Apple for fitness apps. Free fitness app AFG PRO works with the 7.0 AT. Other compatible apps are Under Armour and FitBit. Want to be entertained as you exercise? Set your device on the tablet rack and watch something on Netflix. You can also enhance your listening with built-in speakers, accessible via Bluetooth or plug-in.
When not in use, the 7.0 AT can be folded up for storage. If you don’t have a lot of space to work with, this is a helpful feature.
One of the ways that Horizon is sweetening the deal lately is by offering 0% financing on its machines. Available in 6, 12, 18, and 24-month terms, financing the cost of your treadmill (without a nasty interest rate) can certainly soften the blow to the bank account as you’re building out your home gym.
The Horizon warranty is lifetime on frame and motor, 3 years on parts, and one year on labor.
What We Like:
- Frame: A solid steel frame makes it a heavier, more durable machine able to stand up to constant, potentially heavy footfalls.
- Motor Power: The 3.0 CHP lets you run like the wind and allows for high intensity interval training and conditioning. The motor is also very quiet, so you can have an intense workout without disturbing the rest of your household.
- Deck Size: The deck size 20-inch x 60-inch is longer than the normal residential treadmill and will accommodate taller runners and those with longer gaits comfortably. However, you will have to accommodate for that extra area needed in your home gym.
- Deck Cushioning: Running is notoriously tough on your knees and joints. Horizon’s three-zone variable cushioning helps to alleviate the impact. It absorbs the shock on take-off and landing. Over time this makes a real difference in preventing excess wear and tear of your body, allowing you to be a runner longer.
- Incline Range (15%): The incline helps to target and tone different muscle groups while increasing calorie burn. Running on an angle also reduces some of the impact that comes from hitting a flat surface. The higher end of the range is challenging for even the most advanced fitness levels.
- Speed Range (0-12 mph): This range is more than adequate to attain fitness goals of a beginner or a more advanced runner.
- Connectivity: Connect through Bluetooth to tablets and smartphones. The 7.0 AT works with both Android and Apple devices.
- Fitness App: Use the free fitness app AFG PRO App. This machine is compatible with the Record by Under Armour and FitBit apps as well.
- Warranty: The warranty offers a decent coverage, lifetime on the frame and motor, three years on parts and electronics and one year on labor.
- Financing: The 0% financing offer makes it even easier to get your fitness routine rolling without denting the bank account.
Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||20”x 60”|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||76.5" L x 36" W x 59" H|
- Screen: The 7-inch screen is not a touchscreen and the size of the screen is small compared to today’s standards.
The Horizon 7.0AT is a good treadmill and will satisfy the needs of most runners. What it lacks it fancy extras, it makes up for in important and useful features. The incline and speed ranges make it possible for users at different fitness levels to get a good workout. The longer deck is great if you have any taller users in your household. and the three-zone cushioning is absolutely key in helping to protect your knees, hips and ligaments from the ravages of running. All in all this is definitely an effective runners treadmill.