An invisible bonus of Landice treadmills is their extraordinary cushioning. Compared to training on a grassy surface, the L7 is low impact to joints and tendons. The lower impact will help you avoid injury, exercise longer, and reach fitness goals quickly. The power incline also helps reduce impact while boosting calorie burn and targeting specific muscles. The L7 has a maximum incline of 15%.
A fun part of buying a Landice is choosing the console. The luxurious option of the four Landice consoles is the Executive Control Panel, which supports five user profiles and is the only Landice treadmill console with a full-color screen. It also provides more stats and preset workout programs compared to the others. You can virtually hike to the top of the Empire State building, let your heart rate control the speed, choose a distance workout, and so much more.
What We Like:
- Powerful Motor: The new L7 has a US-made 4.0 HP continuous duty motor. The motor supports sprints up to 12 mph and ships with a lifetime warranty.
- Deck Cushioning: The L7 is sold with a choice of cushioning systems. The base price includes VFX Shock Absorption. VFX is about five times softer than grass and quite comfortable. For another $300 you can get orthopedic suspension, which offers seven times more cushioning than grass.
- High Quality Treadbelt: The L7 Club Treadmill has a 20″ x 58″ treadbelt. The belt’s quality is far superior to most. While others require waxing and might easily stretch or snap, this belt can run maintenance-free for years. It has four layers of material (others have one or two) and travels along premium rollers.
- Power Incline: The running surface can incline up to 15 percent, which provides challenging cardio workouts, faster calorie burn, and better muscle definition.
- Console Choices: Landice offers the following four treadmill consoles:
- Executive Control Panel – A luxury Landice control panel, the Executive has a full-color 9″ screen with high resolution. Compared to the others options, it provides more workout feedback and preset training programs. The program categories include Fitness Test (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Firefighter, and Balke), Landmark Climbing (Statue of Liberty, Washington Monument, Seattle Space Needle, Eiffel Tower, Empire State Building and Freedom Tower), heart rate control, and distance. Up to five users can save user profiles and create customized routines.
- Cardio Control Panel – A great match for those focused on heart rate and performance, the Cardio has two preset heart rate workouts and supports two user-programmed heart rate workouts along with many other programs and three fitness tests. This control panel has an LCD window. Two users save profiles and five custom programs.
- Pro Sports Control Panel – The Pro Sports console is a step up from the basic Landice control panel. The LCD screen can access five preset workout programs that users can customize by time, speed, and elevation. There are also five custom-made workouts. This control panel does not support multiple user profiles.
- Pro Trainer Control Panel – The simplest Landice treadmill console gives quick access to five preset programs and two user-made routines. It provides a constant readout for speed and incline, time, distance, calories, calories/hr, laps, pace, METs, and pulse on a small LCD window.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: All versions of the L7 allow wireless heart rate monitoring in addition to to the built-in hand grip pulse sensors.
- Extra Features: The list of optional equipment includes a treadmill television, a tablet computer bracket, medical rails (long safety bars), and orthopedic cushioning. The machine ships with amenities such as a fan, bottle holder, USB port, and speakers.
- Treadmill TV: The TV is called the Landice Vision System or LVS. It’s 19 inches wide and high definition. You can use the LVS for live programming and on-demand entertainment.
- Tablet Computer Bracket: We recommend adding the tablet bracket to help keep this durable fitness machine up to date. That way, even as digital tech changes for TV shows and workout apps, you can always have a relevant screen docked on your treadmill.
- Safety: A safety lanyard can stop the fitness machine if you fall. An emergency stop button is beneath the console as well. Hospital-grade safety rails are also optional.
- High Capacity: The L7 has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
- Excellent Warranty: Unlike any other treadmill manufacturer, Landice sells their machines with lifetime coverage on the frame and parts. In-home labor is free during the first year if you live within 60 miles of the dealer’s nearest store.
Landice L7 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 58"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||76" L x 35" W x 58" H|
|Built-In Programs:||Depends on console|
- Size: This is a non-folding treadmill, so it might be too large for your home. The footprint is 35″ wide x 76″ long and 58″ high.
- Weight: Like other club-quality treadmills, the L7 weighs more than 300 pounds. So don’t expect to move this machine around with ease.
- Price: The L7 offers good value in the longterm since it’s so durable, but the price tag will still be too expensive for most shoppers.
The Landice L7 is easily one of the best residential treadmills available. It’s appealing in every category other than price. The treadmill ships with excellent basics and offers a number of tempting upgrades from an HDTV to safety rails. This machine is a top recommendation for those seeking the quality of a health club treadmill and the value of a lifetime guarantee.