Landice L770 Pro Sports Trainer Home Review
The Pro Sports console is one of four console options for the L770 frame. See our other Landice reviews for the simpler Pro Trainer console and the more advanced Executive and Cardio Trainer consoles.
What We Like
- Sports Console – The Pro Sports Trainer console features an easy-to-use, high-definition, two-color display and can show workout data in English and metric units. Five preset workouts are included and there’s space to save five user-designed workouts. Heart rate control programs are not included on this model, but it does have a wireless heart rate monitoring system. A contact heart-rate monitoring system is optional.
- High Quality Treadbelt – The Landice L770 Treadmill has a 58” treadbelt to let all but the tallest runners reach a full stride. The belt is made to endure: with four layers and large rollers, it can endure thousands more hours of use than can a single-ply or two-ply belt with small rollers. Furthermore, the L770’s belt is maintenance-free. Cheaper treadmills often need to be lubricated at home to run smoothly and quietly.
- Incline – The track can incline 15% to help simulate road running and provide more challenging workouts.
- Powerful Motors – This model houses an American-made 4.0 CHP drive motor. The motor supports a high speed of 12 mph and can operate at top speed (5 HP) for 15 minutes without overheating. The L770 also has a powerful secondary motor for the incline. With 1,000 pounds of thrust, it provides smooth elevation and declination even at top speeds.
- iPod Pocket – A special iPod-sized non-slip pocket is built into the console for convenience.
- High Capacity – The Landice L770 Pro Sports Trainer Treadmill has a 400-pound user capacity. It weighs 290 pounds and measures 34” wide by 76” long.
- Excellent Warranty – Owners of this home cardio trainer get a lifetime warranty on the entire machine plus a year of labor. That’s an industry-leading warranty package.
What We Don’t Like
Landices are top-notch treadmills with great warranties. The only apparent drawback to this machine is its large size. Some customers would prefer a smaller machine to conserve space.
The L770 Pro Sports Trainer Home Treadmill is a fine example of why Landice leads the treadmill industry: it boasts a powerful motor, a lifetime parts warranty, excellent cushioning, and extras such as wireless heart rate monitoring, a reading rack, and an iPod holder.
The Sports Trainer console for the L770 is loaded with enough preset programming to satisfy most users. The next step up, which is the Cardio Trainer console, adds contact pulse monitoring, heart rate control workout programs, goal programs, and fitness tests.