The Landice L8 LTD Treadmill and its extra-large track represents one of the finest fitness machines on this review site. Year after year, the L8 LTD, or “L8 Limited,” earns our highest possible review score and ‘Best Buy’ award in the light commercial treadmill category. It boasts the industry’s best warranty package and is made in the USA. Sized to fit virtually anyone and quite well appointed, the Landice L8 LTD is the platonic ideal for light commercial treadmill shoppers.
Landice sells two treadmills for light commercial settings: the L7 LTD and L8 LTD. The two models are very similar, but the L8 LTD Treadmill is distinguished by an oversized workout area. The 22″ wide x 63″ long track surface is among the most spacious in the industry. The dimensions ensure that even the largest trainee has ample elbow room and can take their longest running strides. The track’s default cushioning is excellent as well, about five times softer than a grassy path. Other key specs for the new L8 LTD are a maintenance-free tread belt, a 4.0 HP belt motor, and a 15% power incline.
Each Landice cardio trainer is sold with a choice of three consoles. Whichever you choose, your Landice treadmill will include amenities such as a bottle holder, workout fan, and USB port. Any Landice cardio trainer can be further enhanced with a tablet computer bracket and/or VESA-D bracket capable of supporting a flat monitor or television up to 19 inches.
What We Like:
- Track Size: The Landice L8 LTD provides a generous 22″ x 63″ running area. Very few treadmills provide that much workout space. The spacious surface is long enough for the tallest athlete’s stride and wide enough to accommodate any trainee with extra girth.
- Power Incline: The track can tilt up to 15% to support incline training. Landice treadmills also have incline buttons on the handlebars, not just on their control panels.
- Cushioning: Buyers get two impressive choices for deck cushioning. The default is called VFX Shock Absorption, which is five times more shock absorbent than grass. With this degree of shock deflection, trainees will feel noticeably more comfortable and enjoy higher endurance levels. Landice also offers orthopedic cushioning that makes the deck roughly seven times more impact absorbent than a grassy path.
- Motor: The Landice L8 LTD houses a 4.0 HP continuous duty motor. The quiet motor supports smooth motion from 0.5 to 12 mph.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Bluetooth can be used to connect with popular third-party providers like Runkeeper, Map My Fitness, and Strava. If you choose the Achieve console, you get all this as well as integrated hardware by Wahoo that allows interaction with other third-party apps.
- Control Panels: Landice treadmills come with a choice of three control panels.
- The Pro Sports Control Panel has an LCD window that features 3 motivational display screens, 5 built-in programs; 5 user-defined programs; and 3 goal programs including calories, time and distance.
- The Cardio Control Panel has a robust collection of fitness tests and other preset workout programs. For an extra $400, it provides everything offered by the Pro Sports Control Panel plus personal data storage for up to 4 users; two extra motivational display screens; 2 HIIT programs; 3 fitness tests including Balke, Firefighter, and Army; and 2 built-in and 2 user-defined heart rate monitoring programs.
- For an additional $300, the Achieve Control Panel takes things a step further. It provides everything the Cardio Control Panel offers plus 3 extra built-in programs, an extra user-defined program, and two extra user-defined heart rate monitoring programs.
- Optional Tech: This high-end treadmill can be upgraded several different ways. For $500, you can add the Orthopedic Running Belt and Suspension. You can also add the tablet bracket for $149.99 or the VESA-D bracket for $250. Extended handrails can also be added for $399 for added safety and stability.
- Safety Features: Landice treadmills have emergency stop buttons and lanyard stop systems.
- High Capacity: This light commercial treadmill has a 500-pound user weight capacity, easily exceeding the commercial standard of 400 pounds.
- Excellent Warranty: Landice treadmill parts warranties lead the industry. This unit has all parts protected for five years, plus labor is free for a year. The warranty is only valid if the machine is used five hours per day or less.
Landice L8 LTD Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 63"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||500 LBS|
|Dimensions:||85" L x 35" W x 61" H|
|Built-In Programs:||Depends on console|
- Size: The Landice L8 LTD Treadmill requires quite a bit of floor space due to the oversized track. The machine’s footprint measures 35″ wide x 83″ long x 61″ high. For comparison the L7 LTD measures 35″ wide and just 76″ long and 58″ high.
Landice treadmills have excellent basics and enticing extras. As the top-of-the-line model from a leading brand, the new Landice L8 LTD is an obvious recommendation for light commercial fitness settings. It’s low maintenance for gym managers and appeals to just about any trainee. Although not intended for use in home gyms, it fits into light commercial settings perfectly.