Landice L870 LTD Pro Sports Trainer Review
The L870 treadmill body is available with four console options. The Pro Sports console detailed below includes basic workout programs plus a heart rate monitoring system. Additionally, all newer Landice treadmills are compatible with Landice Vision (a 12” cable TV with DVD player) and a Landice WalkStation with Internet that essentially brings a work desk to the treadmill.
What We Like
- Sports Console – The Pro Sports console features five preset workouts plus space to save two user-designed workouts. A wireless heart rate monitoring system is included and a contact monitoring system is optional. The heart rate features distinguish the Pro Sports console from the entry-level Pro console.
- High Quality Treadbelt – The Landice L870 LTD Treadmill has a spacious 22”x63” treadbelt to accommodate virtually any runner. Its belt is made to endure: with four layers and large rollers, it can endure thousands more hours of use than can a single-ply or two-ply belt with small rollers. Furthermore, the L870’s belt is maintenance-free.
- Incline – The track can incline 15% to help simulate road running and provide more challenging workouts.
- Powerful Motors – This model houses an American-made 3.0 CHP drive motor. The motor supports a high speed of 11 mph and can operate at top speed (4 HP) for 15 minutes without overheating. The L870 also has a powerful secondary motor for the incline. With 1,000 pounds of thrust, it provides smooth elevation and declination even at top speeds.
- iPod Pocket – A special iPod-sized non-slip pocket is built into the console for convenience.
- High Capacity – The Landice L870 Pro Trainer Treadmill has a 500-pound user capacity. It weighs 355 pounds and measures 32” wide by 82” long.
- Excellent Warranty – This cardio trainer is sold with five years of protection on the frame, motor, and parts. Labor is free during the first year of ownership. The warranty is valid only when the machine is used for less than five hours per day.
What We Don’t Like
Very few people have complained about having a Landice treadmill in their gym. That said, the L870 LTD is rather large – perhaps too much machine for some people’s needs. The L870 is also available in a smaller version for home treadmill use.
The L870 LTD Pro Trainer Treadmill is a smooth-running powerhouse with an easy-to-use console. It’s ideal for use in light industrial settings and especially when heart rate data is desired.
Tips: For more advanced programming, choose the Cardio Trainer or Executive Trainer consoles. For similar machines with different warranty types, see the L870 Home Treadmill and the L870 Club Treadmill. For treadmills without the extra-long tracks, see the Landice L770 collections.