The Life Fitness Platinum Club Series Treadmill is a luxury treadmill for home gyms. Designed to look great in any setting, it’s available with four finishes and a choice of three sleek consoles. Key features include a 60” track with incline, a 4.0 HP motor and plenty of programming. Extras range from a Bluetooth connection to a 21.5″ touchscreen TV.
The Platinum Club Series Treadmill is pricey, but it’s built from premium components. This purchase is well protected too. The standard warranty includes 10 years of parts protection, 1-year labor, and a lifetime frame warranty.
What We Like:
- Track: The Platinum Club Series Treadmill track and deck are built for comfort and durability. The 60″ x 22″ running area can accommodate tall runners and people with extra girth, and the Flex-Deck with eight shock absorbers reduces the impact to joints by almost 30% compared with outdoor running. The track has 3.5″ sealed rollers for longevity and does not require waxing.
- Customized Frame: Few treadmill brands offer a choice of frame color. Life Fitness shoppers can choose from Arctic Silver, Black Onyx, Diamond White and Titanium Storm (a dark gray). The frame is made from welded steel and is under lifetime warranty.
- Incline: The Platinum Club Series Treadmill can be inclined by up to 15% in 5% increments.
- Motor: The 4.0 HP motor is powerful enough to support long runs and interval training. At peak it can reach 8 HP while still operating quietly. The treadmill’s fastest speed is 12 mph.
- Durable Rollers: The 3.5″ rollers are sealed for improved durability and do not require waxing.
- Console Entertainment and Workouts: Three premium console displays with Bluetooth compatibility help keep runners entertained and motivated. The simplest yet still high-end console is the Explore Console with a QuickNav dial and a 7″ screen. The entertainment-enhanced Discover SE and SI Tablet Consoles have limitless user profiles and provide larger touchscreen access to TV, the Internet, fitness apps and interactive workout courses. They also have quick-access centers where favorites are saved. Preset workouts include classics such as Rolling Hills and Hill, multiple fit tests, calorie burn workouts, distance goal workouts and more.
- FlexDeck Shock Absorption System: Reduce impact on joints as well as injury risk with this state-of-the-art, patented cushioning system.
- Extras: A reading rack, accessory tray and two removable water bottle holders are included for a “club treadmill” feel.
- Safety Features: Siderails are included for safety. This treadmill can also be used with a lanyard for emergency stops.
- Device Compatibility: Most smart devices are compatible with software version 2.19 or later.
- Heart monitors: Contact heart rate monitoring, wireless monitoring and four heart rate workouts are included.
- Warranty package: The standard warranty covers the frame lifelong, parts for 10 years and labor for one year. Customers can choose extended warranties too, adding up to five years for $299. Additionally a preventive belt check message is displayed at 30,000 miles.
Life Fitness Platinum Club Series Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 37" W x 64" H|
- Price: The Platinum Club Series has an MSRP of $8,999. It is one of the most expensive treadmills on our review site.
- Shipping & Assembly: Shipping for Life Fitness treadmills often takes two or three weeks. We recommend spending an extra $199 for White Glove delivery, which includes assembly.
- Size: This treadmill is 80″ long and weighs nearly 450 pounds. Unlike some others, it cannot be folded to save floor space.
- Step-Up Height: The step-up height of 10″ is uncomfortably high for some trainees, although not for most runners.
- Lacking Some Extras- We’d like to see the Platinum Club Series offer extras like speakers and fans.
- Restrictive Return Policy: Life Fitness typically restricts returns. If you do receive a product that was damaged during transit, they will consider a return within 15 days of delivery. However, the ultimate decision is at the sole discretion of Life Fitness.
- Customer Service: Although there is a chat option, don’t be surprised if you get a response saying they’re currently unavailable. You’ll typically be forwarded on to their email options.
It’s a high-priced dream machine. The Life Fitness Platinum Club Series Treadmill is a beautifully built treadmill that makes home workout rooms feel like fancy fitness clubs. The Platinum Club consoles provide an excellent combination of workout support and entertainment, and the long warranty helps justify the high price. This is a top choice treadmill for luxury shoppers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a subscription requirement to use programs on the Life Fitness Platinum Club Series treadmill?
You don't need a subscription to enjoy the instructor-led classes included with the Life Fitness On Demand feature with the SE3 HD console. All you have to do is connect the treadmill to your Wi-Fi network, and activate the Life Fitness On Demand library.
What console options are available for the Life Fitness Platinum Club Series treadmill?
Life Fitness currently only offers the SE3 HD console for the Platinum Series treadmill.
Is the Life Fitness Platinum Club Series treadmill easy to assemble?
The instruction manual is very precise and details the step-by-step assembly process in an easy-to-understand manner. If you do run into confusion, there's information available to quickly reach a tech support specialist for assistance.