This 350-pound treadmill has the same base as the LiveStrong T1x. How do the treadmills differ? The T1x has a basic console instead of a TV screen.
What We Like
- Charitable donation: Each purchase of a LiveStrong treadmill benefits the Lance Armstrong Foundation. LiveStrong has pledged to donate a minimum of $4 million to help fund cancer research and help patients.
- TV console: The 7” screen gives access to workout programs and Vista Clear television. Vista Clear technology delivers the most vibrant picture quality in the exercise industry.
- Exercise programs: The T1xe’s six program modes offer enough variety for most gym members. Programs include Manual, Fat Burn, 5K, Rolling Hills, Target Heart Rate, and the challenging Gerkin Protocol. The Gerkin Protocol program is based on tests of cardiopulmonary health that are used with firefighters.
- Powerful motor: The 3.0 HP motor has a five-year commercial warranty for light commercial use. It can support a top speed of 12 mph and a user weight of up to 350 pounds.
- High quality track: This unit has a 60” track, so it’s long enough for almost anyone to run comfortably. For the convenience of club owners, the track is virtually maintenance-free. It can be used for 25,000 miles before waxing or lubricant is needed.
- Comfortable cushioning:The Ultimate Deck Cushioning System automatically adjusts to provide each trainee with excellent joint protection. The cushioning is guaranteed for 25,000 miles.
- Incline: The T1xe treadmill track inclines up to 15%. This helps trainees target different muscle groups and burn calories even more quickly than when exercising on a flat track.
- Heart rate monitoring: Trainees can use contact heart rate sensors or the wireless system. Heart rate can be displayed throughout a workout.
- Wheels: Unlike other large treadmills, this unit includes wheels to make relocation easier.
- Warranty: The T1xe comes with a 5-year warranty on the frame, a 3-year warranty on the motor and other parts, and three years of labor. The warranty is only valid when the treadmill has been used for six hours per day or less.
What We Don’t Like
- NEMA outlet: This unit uses a NEMA 5-20R 120v outlet and plug. You might need to have a NEMA outlet installed.
- Light warranty: The warranty package is only valid for light commercial use (six hours or less per day). It’s appropriate for many hotels and apartment complexes, but it’s not the best choice for a very busy gym.
The T1xe commercial treadmill is a definite winner for small workout rooms. From a trainee’s perspective, favorite features include a 15% incline, challenging workouts, and the distraction of TV to help time fly by. From a business perspective, the three-year warranty on parts and labor is especially appealing. The LiveStrong T1xe is a high recommended buy at 4.5 stars.