Get club-quality workouts without the club! That’s the appeal of owning a Matrix T75 treadmill. The T75 is a premium Matrix Fitness treadmill introduced in 2018, and essentially it’s a commercial-grade fitness machine with a long home-use warranty. Sale prices start at $3,999 and vary with your choice of console. Optional console features include a video workout screen, a sound system and a web browser.
Regarding performance, an especially notable feature is this machine’s 3.0 CHP AC motor, which is optimized for hours of daily use; most home treadmills have DC drives instead. Other durable specs include a two-ply belt; deluxe deck cushioning; aluminum rails; and a welded steel frame. Unlike the Matrix TF30 and TF50, the Matrix T75 is not a folding treadmill. It weighs in at more than 300 pounds and has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
For many fans the Matrix Fitness brand appeal is the option to mix great machinery with “virtual escapes” using Virtual Active exercise videos. These unique videos can enhance your workout time with interactive sights, ambient audio and automated treadmill incline changes that work together to simulate outdoor tours. You can virtually experience the excitement of a world-class city, then switch to an awe-inspiring national park or a soothing secluded beach. Videos are included with two Matrix T75 treadmill consoles, and other videos are sold separately. With any Matrix cardio trainer you’ll also get the benefit of classic preset workout programs and the Sprint8 treadmill workout program. Sprint8 is a highly effective eight-week treadmill program for weight loss and muscle toning. You can repeat it again and again at higher ability levels.
In sum the Matrix T75 treadmill is ready to support a full household’s cardio training workouts for many years. It has the dimensions, power and programming to meet virtually all skill levels, body sizes and treadmill training interests.
What We Like:
- Custom Console Quality and Variety: The T75 and other Matrix home treadmills are sold with a choice of three well-stocked consoles: the XR, XER and XIR.
- Each Matrix console has a reading rack, water bottle holders, a wireless heart rate receiver, ViaFit Connect for wireless data logging, the Sprint8 training program and other preset workouts.
- Added benefits of the XER and XIR include stereo speakers, HD touchscreens for Virtual Active workout videos, and more than a dozen apps for exercise guidance, fitness tracking, social media, weather, news and more.
- Upgrading to the XIR adds a web browser to the touchscreen.
- Passport Ready: With the XER and XIR consoles you can see Virtual Active videos directly on your treadmill screen. Furthermore all Matrix treadmill consoles are compatible with a Passport Player ($199), which can link your treadmill to your home entertainment center. This means that with any version of the Matrix T75, you can exercise with big-screen scenic views for immersive experiences.
- Motor: The 3.0 CHP AC motor on the T75 is commercial grade. It runs at low RPMs to promote quiet operation, and it lets the T75 serve smoothly even when it’s used for hours at a time.
- Belt Size & Quality: The Matrix T75 treadmill belt is the most spacious of all Matrix brand options. It measures 60″ long x 22″ wide, so it’s even wider than those of typical health club treadmills. This helps make the T75 a good treadmill for trainees of all sizes; even a tall and hefty runner won’t feel constrained. The exercise belt is thick too (2.2 mm), which is a mark of high quality. The T75 requires silicone lubrication every 300 miles. The console will notify the user when they reach this requirement. The treadmill comes pre-lubricated out of the box so there’s no need to lubricate before first use. There is also a bottle of silicone in the box for use when the 300 miles has been reached. Additional bottles or lubrication is available from AMPS and JFW stores.
- Incline: For muscle sculpting and faster calorie burn, you can adjust the track slope from zero degrees to a maximum 12 percent incline.
- Cushioning: Deluxe cushioning on the T75 treadmill makes running much gentler on the body compared with training on pavement or grass. This high-end treadmill suspension promotes comfort and endurance while helping to reduce your risk for exercise-related injury.
- High Speed: Top speed on all Matrix home treadmills for 2018 is 12.5 mph. Minimum speed on this model is 0.8 mph.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Grip pulse sensors are built into the machine’s handrails. Additionally all three Matrix consoles are compatible with wireless chest straps for the most convenient heart rate monitoring.
- Warranty: The T75 is sold with a competitive home warranty including lifetime protection for the frame, motor and suspension; seven years for parts; and two years for labor. Matrix treadmill consoles have five-year warranties.
Matrix T75 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12.5 MPH MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||79" L x 36" W x 61" H|
- High Price: Selling for about $4K and up, the Matrix T75 is one of the most expensive home treadmills on our review site. As stated at the outset though, it’s essentially a commercial fitness machine.
- Not Easily Moved: This fitness machine is meant to take permanent space. It isn’t foldable for storage, and it weighs more than 300 pounds. You might prefer the Matrix TF50, which is very similar to the T75 but has a foldable frame and transport wheels.
The Matrix T75 lets you add club-quality machinery to your home gym. For shoppers with very comfortable budgets it’s an easy machine to recommend; most users would say it “has it all.” Keep in mind though, your household could be served well enough by a lower-priced luxury treadmill without an AC motor, such as the Matrix T50 ($2,699 and up). The new T75 is especially for home gyms that get heavy use.