In 2016 the T618 Treadmill arrived as the new top model in the Nautilus Performance Series, a collection of affordable home treadmills for runners. Because the T618 costs just $1,299 at full price, we were surprised by its head-to-toe high quality. Elements that help make it a great value for runners include a large workout area, advanced cushioning and a 3.5 CHP motor. Additionally the console is loaded with interactive training programs, and the treadmill frame features soft-drop folding technology for easy storage between workouts.
Virtual outdoor training especially helps this treadmill stand apart from competitors. The T618 is programmed to integrate RunSocial over its Bluetooth connection, and with RunSocial you can virtually walk or run through scenic locations around the world, either solo or with other trainees. Besides the standard treadmill feedback you’ll get Pacer, Compare and Fitness readings to help push you further.
A second benefit of the Bluetooth connection is quick syncing of workout data. The T618 Treadmill can wirelessly connect with fitness apps such as Google Fit, MyFitnessPal and Nautilus Trainer.
Other highlights of the Nautilus T618 are integrated speakers, a three-speed cooling fan and a long warranty for the components.
What We Like:
- Workout Programs: An excellent selection of 26 workout programs are provided, each with an emphasis on cardiovascular endurance, weight loss or interval training. To experience RunSocial workouts with immersive streaming visuals, you can pair the treadmill with your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. At the end of each workout the machine delivers a fitness score to help you assess progress.
- High Quality Belt System: Sized for the long strides of a runner, the T618 track surface measures 20″ wide and 60″ long. The belt rotates over 2.75″ diameter rollers, which are larger than those of the typical home treadmill. Large rollers help minimize noise and extend the belt’s life.
- High Capacity Motor: The 3.5 CHP motor operates quietly and gives ample power for the typical runner. (Marathon runners and people with heavier bodies, however, might prefer an even stronger 4.0 CHP motor.)
- Rebound Cushioning: Rebound Cushioning is the top Nautilus option for softer landings that minimize impact on the knees and other joints.
- Incline: For variety and to help simulate outdoor training, the workout surface can be electronically adjusted up to a maximum 15% angle.
- Large Display: Workout progress is shown with two large backlit LCD windows, 3.75″ and 5.5″ wide, with blue lighting. If connected to a tablet computer or smartphone, the T618 can also work with full-color workout programming.
- Media Holder: The treadmill’s media shelf can securely hold your tablet computer running apps for entertainment, training guidance or multitasking during workouts. At the same time the mobile device can run a tracking program for exercise data.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Contact pulse monitors are built into the handrails, plus the Nautilus T618 is compatible with a wireless chest strap (included).
- Accessory Tray: An accessory rack for a towel and water bottle are beneath the console.
- Safety Mode: For safety you can use the treadmill’s lanyard or retractable cord, which will stop the belt if you lose balance. The machine also has a large “Stop” button.
- Foldable: To help you conserve space this treadmill’s deck can be folded upward after workouts.
- Parts and Service Warranty: This Nautilus treadmill is sold factory-direct with five years of parts/electronics protection and two years of labor. That’s exceptional for the $1,299 selling price.
Nautilus T618 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||72.5" L x 35.25" W x 57.75" H|
- Frame Warranty: While most of the warranty package for this product is industry-leading, the frame warranty is short at 15 years. This is a minor drawback, as the parts/electronics warranty is typically most important.
Well-equipped throughout, the Nautilus T618 is a decent treadmill under $1,500 for runners. For just $1,299 is a good folding treadmill option with a better combination of training guidance, workout tracking, performance components and buyer protections.