This Treadmill Could Be For You If:
- You’re looking for a budget-friendly, walking treadmill
- You want to work out with iFit
- You want to use a power incline for walking routines and light workouts
The NordicTrack C 700 treadmill offers enviable workout technology at a budget-friendly price. The C 700 is iFit-enabled, and allows you to use your tablet or smartphone as a monitor to stream iFit workouts. What’s more, because there’s no special monitor included, the overall price isn’t bumped up. Customized iFit workouts and 20 preloaded workout programs can automatically adjust the treadmill’s incline and speed, tilting it up to 10% and topping out at 10 mph. As for entertainment, the C 700’s aux music port and built-in speakers allow you to stream music or listen to podcasts from your phone or tablet.
It’s important to keep in mind that this machine is better suited to walkers than runners. If you’re looking for more spacious tracks that have been designed for running, check out our other NordicTrack treadmill reviews.
What We Like:
- Workout Variety: The NordicTrack C 700 comes with 20 preloaded workouts, all designed by certified personal trainers. These workouts automatically adjust the treadmill’s incline by up to 10% to target goals for calorie burn and endurance, as well as giving you the chance to mix up your workout. Trainees can also access unlimited personalized workout downloads with an iFit subscription by using their own tablet or smartphone (a tablet stand is integrated into the treadmill). iFit offers standard workout downloads, immersive Google Street View workouts, hundreds of high-definition video workouts, virtual treadmill races, and other health and fitness benefits. You can read our guide to iFit for treadmills for more information.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline tilts up to 10% and can be controlled with the console buttons and by preset workouts. There’s a whole host of benefits you can get with incline training, from better muscle targeting and toning to faster calorie burn, as well as breaking the cycle of monotonous one-level training.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: Pulse heart rate sensors are built into the C 700 treadmill handlebars, but the model doesn’t have a wireless receiver.
- Audio Entertainment: The C 700 treadmill includes a built-in set of 2? speakers and an aux music port, allowing you to plug in your smartphone or tablet so you can stream music or listen to podcasts as you work out.
- Commercial Motor: This unit’s 2.75 CHP motor is designed to support long power walks, and is covered by a 25-year warranty.
- Adjustable Cushioning: NordicTrack’s C 700 treadmill offers adjustable FlexSelect cushioning. You can choose to keep the cushioning on, which will reduce impact on your joints, or turn it off to feel like you are training on the road.
- AutoBreeze: The C 700’s AutoBreeze fan is a simple feature that can make a big difference to your workouts. When you speed up, so does the fan! You can also control the speed manually if the machine isn’t judging your workout intensity properly.
- SpaceSaver: The NordicTrack C 700 can easily be folded for storage and no heavy lifting is required as the EasyLift Assist design does most of the lifting for you.
- High Weight Capacity: Even though the treadmill is easily foldable, it can still hold up to 300 pounds.
- Warranty: Although NordicTrack’s warranties tend to be shorter than other brands on the market, the C 700 still provides a lifetime frame warranty, a 25-year motor warranty, and a 1-year parts and labor warranty when purchased from Amazon which is a good deal for a model with its price tag.
NordicTrack C 700 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||73.5" L x 35.5" W x 60.4" H|
- Track: This treadmill has a 55″ track, which is too short for some trainees. What’s more, the track isn’t the best quality either, as it is single ply and runs over small rollers. This means that it will probably need to be replaced within a year if the treadmill is used regularly.
The NordicTrack C 700 treadmill appeals mainly to walkers looking for a treadmill with power incline and a variety of workout options. The preset programs are plentiful and iFit is easy to add on, so it is a fun machine to use. That said, the C 700 doesn’t offer the best overall value in the NordicTrack line; it’s constructed with low-end parts and offers a shorter warranty than other brands on the market.
Overall, it comes down to price; you get what you pay for here. If you’re looking for a treadmill in this price bracket, you won’t find many better machines for $799.
NordicTrack C 700 FAQs The C 700 weighs just over 200 lb. and has a maximum user weight capacity of 300 lb. The NordicTrack C 700 is best suited to walking and power walking, and could be used for occasional jogging and light workouts.
The C 700 weighs just over 200 lb. and has a maximum user weight capacity of 300 lb.
The NordicTrack C 700 is best suited to walking and power walking, and could be used for occasional jogging and light workouts.