The C 970 PRO Treadmill is the second highest ranked treadmill in NordicTrack’s C Series. The top selling points include a 60″ track, a motorized 15% incline and wireless heart rate monitoring. This treadmill also features 32 built-in workout programs. It’s an impressive machine. At the same time, the C 1570 doesn’t cost much more, but also includes iFit. Read on to see if the C 970 is right for you.
What We Like:
- Workout Variety: The C 970 PRO treadmill has an impressive array of 32 preset workout applications. Work on speed, endurance, or weight loss goals with programs customized to your fitness level. Fifteen incline levels and 12 speeds are available to fit your needs.
- Console Screen: The 7″ backlit console screen is easy to read at any angle. Speed, time, distance, calories, and pulse are displayed as you move on NordicTrack’s digital RaceTrack.
- Audio Entertainment: The C 970 PRO features an InterMix Acoustics 3.0 sound system (3″ speakers) and a port for MP3 players. Run to your favorite music to help workouts fly by.
- Long & Adjustable Track: The treadmill’s smooth and durable track is 60″ long to accommodate taller runners. It’s set on wider rollers than the tracks of cheaper NordicTracks, ensuring it will last longer. You can make the track feel firm like the road or turn on cushioning to protect your joints.
- Power Incline: The C 970’s incline ranges from 0% up to 15%. Incline training helps you burn calories more efficiently and tone muscle groups that sometimes get forgotten.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Stay in an efficient and healthy training zone by keeping track of your heart rate during exercise. Sensors in the handlebars provide a heart rate reading as you run.
- Commercial Motor: This unit’s 3.0 CHP motor is designed to operate quietly and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Warranty: You’ll get lifetime warranties on the motor and frame, a three-year warranty on parts, and one year of free labor.
- High Capacity: The NordicTrack C 970 PRO can safely accommodate up to 350 pounds.
- SpaceSaver: The SpaceSaver design makes it easy to vertically fold the machine for easy storage between use.
NordicTrack C 970 PRO Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||82.3" L x 36.6" W x 74.25" H|
Price Variations: The price for this NordicTrack fluctuates a frustrating amount. This makes it difficult to assign an honest rating about value. The full MSRP of $1999 isn’t sensible as other machines provide far more value for that money. However, NordicTrack often lists the machine for $1000, which is an impressive deal.
The NordicTrack’s C 970 PRO treadmill has everything you need for cardio training and fitness: a powerful yet quiet motor, a long and cushioned track, and engaging programming (plus above-average audio entertainment). A great treadmill for runners if you buy it on sale. How does it compare with the next step up in NordicTrack’s treadmill line? The C 1570 PRO is distinguished by iFit and a 3% decline in addition to 15% incline. It also has a larger display and stronger motor to support more weight or longer sessions. Since this model sometimes costs a mere $300 more than the C 970, definitely check the current sale price of bother machines before committing to a purchase.