The NordicTrack Commercial X32i is as good as it gets when it comes to incline trainers. We aren’t talking about the standard 12 to 15% incline of conventional commercial treadmills here. This thing goes up to an incline of 40%, which borders on rude, but also makes it a seriously aggressive training unit. Like all NordicTrack units of late, it works seamlessly with iFit, the brand’s streaming training service. As of the latest update, the machine comes with a year-long family membership built into the deal.
With some highly advanced features and just a few drawbacks, this will be a good choice for most people. What we really love about this treadmill is the real road experience it gives. With a very advanced deck cushioning system, it’ll feel like you’re running outside with each and every step you take. This makes it an ideal option for those who are mixing treadmill runs with outdoor runs and want to ensure that their progress doesn’t take a backseat.
The NordicTrack Commercial X32i also gives you an extra large HD touchscreen, so you’ll have no problem following along with your workout program sessions even at the highest of intensity levels.
Finally, this treadmill is also great for those who are looking to build strength because with one simple change in how you position yourself on the treadmill and the settings, you can transform it into a sled push machine, building strength while torching calories fast.
For those seeking weight loss or muscle building results, this is great news.
What We Like:
- Solid incline capabilities. This treadmill will go from -6 incline all the way up to a massive 40%, which stands far and above many treadmills out there. The higher the incline is, the less stress you’ll experience on your joints and the more calories you will burn in each and every session. It’s a win-win for the user. Incline walking is one of the best ways to get into great shape if you aren’t a running at heart.
- Powerful Motor. This treadmill comes with a 4.25 continuous horsepower motor, which is precisely what you should expect to see with a treadmill at this level and price range. This means the motor will stand up over time, no matter what you dish out and can support multiple users per day without dying out.
- Improved Tech. With the latest update, there’s a lot to talk about here. The machine has improved graphics processing, dual-band WiFi, and (finally) the ability to pair up to Bluetooth headphones.
- Comfortable Experience. User comfort is tops on NordicTrack’s priority list with this treadmill model as not only do you get a large standard sized deck at 22 by 65 inches, but you also get their special ReflexTM cushioning system that is designed to help you get real life cushioning support that saves your joints without sacrificing the real-life feel this model gives you.
- Self Cooling. The fact that this treadmill is self-cooling is also great as well as this will help prevent it from overheating and ensure that you are able to run on it for longer periods of time.
- Large Touchscreen. At 32 inches, you won’t find one much bigger than this on the market. It’s practically like looking into a TV as you watch your workouts go by. This is especially nice if you happen to use the Google Maps feature and take your runs around the world. Now you can travel all while you get your workout in.
- Multi-User Profile. This treadmill has the capability to store four different user in its database, making it an ideal option for a family
- One Year iFit Membership. In addition to the numerous programs this machine offers, it also comes with a one year iFit membership to get you going. New for 2021, that membership is actually a family membership rather than individual, allowing for multiple account users in the same household.
NordicTrack Commercial X32i Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||22” x 65”|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||76.5" L x 40" W x 73" H|
- Low Weight Capacity. The biggest drawback to this machine is that it only has a 300 lb. weight capacity. This is relatively low for a machine that is of a higher caliber so be warned that if you are a larger individual, you may want to opt for a different machine. You don’t necessarily have to be verging on beyond 300 pounds to consider this. Even a 200-pound user may want to look into a higher model as they will likely find it more stabilized as they run.
- No media shelf. Because the screen is so large on this model, this doesn’t leave room for an additional media shelf. This said, with that screen and all the programming, you probably won’t need one.
- Average at best warranty. With recent changes, NordicTrack’s warranties have dropped lower than we would like to see, especially given the cost of machines like this one.
All in all, this is an excellent option for those who are hoping to see great results from their workout program and need a little extra guidance to help get them going. Many people are going to love the large screen it comes with and the comfortable user experience it gives.
With such a strong motor coupled with four user profiles, it’s also a terrific option for families to consider as it should hold up to continuous use very well.
As long as you aren’t a larger individual, you should have no problem making this treadmill work great in your life.
What’s Changed For This Year
Each year a few models get upgrades. Larger screens, stronger motors, or better tech are common. Occasionally you will see two treadmills with the same name on the manufacturers site, which is confusing enough for us treadmill experts, let alone a new consumer. Below is a quick breakdown of what is new on the latest version of this treadmill.
New for 2021 (November 2020 release)
- Updated HD Touchscreen: Improved processing and dual-band WiFi compatibility will ensure a more seamless video experience when following along to live or streaming workout classes.
- New Mobile App: iFit is now also available as a mobile app for your smartphone.
- Quiet Drive Incline Tech: The incline drivers on the X32i are smoother and quieter than ever, and allow for more precise control during instructor-led classes. Quieter is always better, especially when you need to follow guidance/instruction.
- Bluetooth Upgrade: Previously you could use Bluetooth to pair your phone to your treadmill, allowing you to listen to your own playlists while working out. Now, you can pair your Bluetooth headphones to your treadmill, so that you can listen to your instructor without disturbing the whole house.
- Expanded iFit Offer: In previous years, these treadmills would come with an individual 1-year iFit membership, but for 2021 these memberships have been upgraded to family memberships—perfect for households with multiple runners.