Cyber Week Deal: The T9.5S Treadmill is on sale for an extra $150 OFF right now for Cyber Monday.
If you are a walker, jogger, or runner who wants to step it up from your typical entry level home gym treadmill and get into a commercial grade machine to help support your training needs, the NordicTrack T 9.5S may be a good model to consider. While this model may not have all the advanced build features that higher level NordicTrack treadmills do, it also doesn’t come with those upper level price tags either.
This machine is really quite reasonable and for what you get, it is a fairly good deal. As you’ll see, the biggest concern would be larger individuals who want to use this treadmill, but if that isn’t you, you can probably get what you need from it just fine.
This treadmill offers the standards in the industry including incline features, a continuous horsepower motor, built in programming and common to almost all NordicTrack machines, one year of free membership with iFit.
What We Like:
- Continuous horsepower motor. You’ll get a 3.6 CHP DurX Commercial Plus Motor, so this machine should stand up to even the most grueling workouts that you complete
- Bluetooth Audio capabilities to add extra convenience to your sessions
- Advanced FlexSelectTM Cushioning to help give you that real road experience if you like. This deck can adjust how much cushioning you’re given so if you want it to feel like you were training outdoors, you can just adjust your cushioning to do so.
- Offers 50 different on board programs so even if you don’t keep up your iFit membership, you’ll still have plenty of different options to choose from.
- Is an ideal solution for those who are looking to save space in their home with it’s easy lift folding design. This treadmill can tuck away when not in use, allowing you to perform your strength training in that space it opens up or else simply store furniture there if needed.
- Offers self cooling capabilities to prevent the machine from overheating
- Has a pretty good warranty including a lifetime warranty on frame and motor, five years on parts, and two years on labor
- Gives you access to an EKG Grip pulse, which allows you to keep tabs quickly and easily on how hard you’re working
- Comes with an AutoBreezeTM Workout fan to help keep you cool and comfortable during your training session.
NordicTrack T 9.5S Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||78.9" L x 35.5" W x 59.5" H|
- The total user weight rating on this is quite low at just 300 lbs. While for man people this will be sufficient and they can get the work done without a problem, if you are someone who is bordering on 225-250 pounds and does plan on exercising at quite a high intensity (high speed or incline), then you may find that it’s not feeling so stable on this machine. In this case, you’d need to bump the model up.
- Smaller deck size. At just 20 inches by 60 inches, the overall deck size of this machine is smaller than others out there. If you tend to easily feel cramped in while doing your training session, this may begin to bother you.
- While the machine does incline to 12%, there are machines out there that will incline to 40%, which will really enhance your workout session. The 12% is good for many people, but if you really want to see superior results, you’ll want to instead try moving it up higher.
- You will have to pay for iFit once your one-year membership is up. This is both a benefit and a drawback. The benefit is you get that first year free, which is a good deal. The drawback is you might find that you really love it and now you’ll be hooked on something that costs $39/month to maintain.
All in all, this treadmill does have some nice features that will surely be appreciated by many people. If you are coming from a basic home gym treadmill situation, it’s very likely that you are going to find this simply a step above. If you’ve never tried higher end machines, either at home or in the gym, you don’t know what you’re missing out on so this one may feel just fine as is.
The biggest drawback to this machine is just at those heavier weight levels. If you are someone who weighs 125, 150, or even 175 lbs. then you should be able to go at maximum intensity on this machine without too much of a struggle. If you are beyond that range though, then that’s where you are more likely to start to notice a few issues taking place with how stable this machine happens to feel.