Versatility makes this treadmill desk a great choice for avoiding “Sitting Syndrome” during work time and getting high-powered exercise when work is complete… You can stroll, jog or run in comfort on its long cushioned track. Focus on work, watch a movie, or take a virtual world tour with iFit and Google Maps!
The NordicTrack Treadmill Desk Platinum is an especially good value for people who plan to run, not walk. That’s because it’s track is 60″ long and it has 3.0 continuous horsepower. Walkers can save money by choosing desk treadmills with shorter tracks and smaller motors. NordicTrack’s treadmill desk for walkers is simply named the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk. It has a 55″ track, 2.6 CHP and will go to a max height of 52 inches when it is up all the way.
Read on for the perks and potential drawbacks of choosing the Treadmill Desk Platinum.
What We Like:
Features we like on the NordicTrack Treadmill Desk Platinum include:
- Full Track: This NordicTrack desk treadmill has a 20″ x 60″ track. That’s the standard for runners’ treadmills found in any health club. And for quiet operation and lower maintenance needs, it’s paired with 2.5″ rollers.
- Incline: Boost your workouts with a power incline. Buttons built into the desktop let you tilt the track by up to 10 percent. Benefits include faster calorie burn and great muscle tone! This automated incline also makes the most of iFit Google Maps workouts with Street View (available with a subscription).
- iFit Enabled: Choose simple or advanced treadmill workouts. Convenient controls on the Treadmill Desk Platinum desktop let you adjust the track speed and incline. There’s no monitor in your way; the desktop is clear… But when you’re ready, full-color iFit is ready to go! Just add your laptop computer, tablet computer or smartphone. You can download an infinite variety of treadmill workouts at any time, and for each workout iFit will wirelessly control the tread track’s speed and incline. Most impressive: iFit’s Google Maps workouts include interactive Google Street Views.
- Large Work Surface: Bring your paperwork along for the trip. The Platinum treadmill desk has a 40″ wide x 18″ deep work surface. This sturdy desktop is 1″ thick and protected with a mahogany woodgrain laminate for durability.
- High Speed: Treadmill desks used to top out at 4 mph. The NordicTrack Treadmill Desk Platinum has a high speed of 8 mph.
- Quiet Motor: Handle phone calls and hear your own thoughts as you walk. The Treadmill Desk Platinum has a quiet motor that respects office work — but it also meets the industry power standard of 3.0 CHP to be a true runner’s treadmill. The motor is backed by a lifetime warranty.
- Foldable: Pull up a chair! This treadmill desk can do double time as a regular office desk. The deck has a SpaceSaver® design, which makes it easy to fold upward, and the desktop remains horizontal. The surface even has a power- adjustable height. Now it’s easier than ever to make the most of your workspace.
- USB Charging Station: A USB charging port is built into the treadmill desk. Keep your mobile device handy without draining its power.
- Shock Absorption: A cushioned deck is one of your best buddies for fitness. Training with this treadmill is much gentler on your joints compared with walking or running on the street.
- Free Shipping: Standard delivery is included in the treadmill desk’s sale price.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: The manufacturer will refund your money (minus shipping expenses) within 30 days of purchase.
NordicTrack Treadmill Desk Platinum Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 – 10%|
|Running Area:||22" X 60"|
|Top Speed:||8 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||77" L x 40.5" W x 48.7" H|
- Parts Warranty: The Platinum treadmill desk’s standard warranty only covers the parts for two years. That’s stingy compared with parts warranties for regular treadmills in this price class.
- IFit Costs Extra: Unlike a regular (non-desk) NordicTrack treadmill, this model doesn’t have preset workouts. Unlimited iFit workouts are available if you spend $99/year on an iFit subscription. Each subscription allows four member profiles.
It’s “Platinum” and it is a good deal when on sale. This innovative cardio trainer can help you be a star at work without sacrificing your physical fitness. Wired for iFit, it’s also happy to distract after hours. Overall the NordicTrack Platinum is a very good treadmill desk.