Precor, a leader in commercial grade fitness equipment, designed the TRM 223 as the mid-range model in the Energy™ Series line of treadmills with a concentrated focus on distinct comfort features and innovative personalization options.
One of the top features of the Energy™ Series treadmills is the special shock absorption system specific to Precor that uses Energy Stride ™ Technology. This technology uses a deck mounting system to provide underfoot cushioning tailored specifically to your stride by reducing stress on areas of impact where you need it the most.
Beyond this smart comfort technology of the deck, other personalized features are available to adapt your workouts to your goals for optimal results. The TRM 223 includes two personalized user IDs, which is ideal if you have multiple users of the same treadmill or if you just want to use and store personal workout data and preferences. In addition, the console offers specific workout feedback metrics like your working heart rate from the SmartRate® Zone program that categorizes your heart rate into specific zones so you know if you are achieving your desired results and can adjust your workouts as needed.
What We Like:
- Advanced Shock Absorption: The TRM 223 is designed with a special advanced shock absorption system called Energy Stride™ Technology that allows the deck to conform to your personal stride, delivering optimal support to areas of the deck with the most impact. This feature supports the joints while running or walking and changes based on your points of impact.
- Motor and Rollers: The continuous duty 3.0 HP motor is a durable, high performance motor that provides a smooth and natural feel. This motor is also exceptionally quiet, and paired with the 2.36 inch steel crowned rollers to keep the belt centered and running smoothly, it is ideal for in-home use.
- Workout Programs: This model is designed with 10 preset workouts and two personalized user IDs so that users can easily personalize workouts and store data and workout preferences for a more tailored workout and easier goal tracking overall. Workout programs vary from interval training to fat loss.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The 223 model comes with both touch sensors and capabilities for a telemetry strap for wireless heart rate monitoring (however, the strap is sold separately). This treadmill also includes the SmartRate® Zone monitoring program, displaying your heart rate and personal data in easy to read categories to help you work out in the proper zone for your desired results.
- Deck: With a shorter deck at 57 inches long and 20 inches wide, this model is more compact and easier to use in small spaces. The belt is made with multi-ply polyester, coated with dry silicone lubrication and a PVC non-slip surface for increased safety and no required maintenance.
- Warranty: Precor offers an impressive lifetime warranty on the frame, along with a five year warranty on parts.
Precor TRM 223 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 57"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81" L x 33" W x 59" H|
- Console: The TRM 223 features a high contrast blue and white LCD screen, but this model is compatible with devices for volume control only. And while the console area is a fairly good size, the screen is smaller at only 5 inches.
- Frame: The powder coated steel frame is attractive, but not built with a solid steel design. The handlebars are shorter than other treadmills at this price point, which can be a problem for taller people or users who like to use the handlebars while walking or doing incline intervals.
- Deck: The average treadmill deck length is around 60 inches, so this running area is slightly shorter than average at 57 inches, which can be a problem for taller people.
See Our Video Review of the Precor TRM 223 Treadmill
The Precor TRM 223 treadmill is the best compromise between the entry level TRM 211 model and the top of the line TRM 243 model in the Energy™ Series of treadmills. At $2,999, the price is reasonable for the amount of features offered, and Precor is known for both durability and stability on all of their fitness equipment.
The 223 is ideal for goal tracking and training with its preset programs and heart rate monitoring capabilities and the personalized user IDs make it easy to personalize workouts for multiple users of the same machine. While this model lacks advanced entertainment choices or an impressive sound system, it makes up for it with the extra attention to comfort features.