From the specially designed deck optimized for advanced shock absorption and stability to the impressive 25 preset workout programs, the TRM 835 is designed with features to optimize the user’s experience. These performance and comfort features combined with the powerful 4.0 HP motor and ultra-sturdy frame make for a commercial treadmill that is ideal for both gym owners and their members.
What We Like:
- Ergonomic Design: The special stride support feature and Ground Effects® Impact Control System make for an incredibly smooth and natural feeling experience both running and walking. Precor has designed this model to include deck features that actually adapt to your personal stride while keeping the deck sturdy and centered for reduced stress on the joints and increased safety.
- Console: New this year, the redesigned P30 console features lever motion controls for easy changes in speed or incline with the tap of a lever and an LED screen that is designed to offer users basic fitness stats that are organized and easy to read. This console includes the QuickStart™ key and a numeric keypad in addition to the motion controls.
- Workout Programs: 25 preset workout programs make this treadmill the perfect workout machine for variety. From custom weight loss programs to 5K runs/walks, users can choose the right program based on individual goals and skill level.
- Incline/Decline: This capability is the TRM 835’s claim to fame, with options up to 15% and down to -3% decline. This feature is particularly attractive to users as it is easier than ever to achieve interval training or simulate varying terrain.
- Speed: Few treadmills will offer speeds of up to 16 mph, but the TRM 835 does; great for sprint running and interval training. And with a firm and sturdy deck, users won’t have to worry about wobbling or instability at higher speeds.
- Motor: This model is designed with a 4HP AC motor, which stands for alternating current. AC motors are typically found only in gym treadmills and start quicker than Direct Current (DC) motors. AC motors are also more powerful and long-lasting.
- Deck: At 60 inches by 22 inches, the extra-long deck and wide running area are ideal for users of all shapes and sizes. The belt is also reversible and made with multi-ply pre-waxed polyester for no required maintenance and improved durability.
- User Weight Capacity: The suggested max user weight for this treadmill is 400 pounds, which signifies a strong motor and a durable, sturdy deck. A heavier weight capacity delivers a smoother feel, and can more easily accommodate users of varying shapes and sizes.
- Network Capabilities: C-SAFE (Communications Specification for Fitness Equipment) enabled and FitLinxx compatible, gym owners can customize this treadmill for users by changing the display, setting max exercise time and cool down limits, and enabling/disabling programs (just to name a few).
- Maintenance Features: The Active Status Light at the front of the machine alerts you to the machine’s operating condition, notifying staff when required maintenance is needed.
- Warranty: Precor offers a solid warranty. It is 7 years on the Frame, 5 years on Motor, 2 years Parts and Console and 1 year on Labor
Precor TRM 835 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-3 to 15%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||16 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||83" L x 35" W x 62" H|
- Price: The TRM 835 is available for $8,495. While Precor is a trusted brand in the commercial treadmill arena, this model has very few differences from the less expensive entry level model in this series, the TRM 811.
- Entertainment Options: This model is not compatible with either Apple or Android devices, and features no sound system or place to plug in devices.
While the TRM 835 is a well-built and durable treadmill that will last years and years. The TRM 835 offers a steep incline and decline, perfect for working multiple muscle groups and simulating varying terrain, and the impressive number of workout programs provides great variety to users who have varying workout goals and fitness needs. The bottom line: The TRM 835, while expensive, is a well-built, sturdy and reliable treadmill that will keep owners satisfied.