Imagine a machine that burns calories four times faster than a treadmill! Achieving weight loss and other fitness goals quickly is what makes high intensity interval training (HIIT) so appealing. Unfortunately there’s a catch: high intensity exercise can be high-impact or jarring to the body, frequently leading to injury. Thankfully, ProForm has built this low-impact, yet high performance HIIT Trainer. The ProForm HIIT Trainer is a cross between a stairclimber and an elliptical machine that exercises the whole body. Whether you train at a constant exertion level or take advantage of HIIT, this machine will help you reap a wide range of health benefits with surprising efficiency.
The HIIT’s essential performance features are a smooth yet steep elliptical footpath, resistant handlebars for invigorating boxing-like motion, and 24 tension levels. Various non-essential features like 32 preset training programs, iFit connectivity, and music speakers round out an impressive list of specs. When purchased through the ProForm website, the HIIT Trainer carries a lifetime frame warranty, a three-year parts warranty, and a one-year labor warranty.
What We Like:
- Total Body Training: The HIIT Trainer activates major muscle groups throughout the body. Even excluding resistance training, the machine promotes a much higher rate of calorie burn compared with a standard treadmill just by adding upper body movement.
- Compact Size: ProForm HIIT Trainers require a bit less space than the average home cardio trainer. Dimensions are 66″ L x 29.25″ W x 39″ H.
- Resistance: Twenty-four resistance settings from a 28-pound flywheel accommodate a wide range of ability levels. Preset programs control the resistance and one-touch controls make it possible to adjust the tension during training.
- Preset Programs: Thirty-two workout apps designed by a certified personal trainer guide users through high intensity interval training and more traditional workouts. Progress is shown on a 7″ display along with stats for speed, distance, time, and calories burned.
- iFit Enabled: The HIIT Trainer can be used with an iFit membership when paired with your own tablet computer. A secure tablet ledge is built into the console. (Upgrade to the HIIT Trainer Pro to use iFit on an integrated 10″ touchscreen.)
- Cushioned Pedals: Adding to its comfortable low-impact motion, this machine has generously cushioned pedals. The pedals are also oversized, allowing users to reposition their feet to avoid discomfort.
- Smartphone Compatible: Speakers are included for smartphones and MP3 players.
- Multigrip Handlebars: Handlebars on the ProForm HIIT Trainer move with resistance and provide a variety of grip positions to alter the training effects. Isolate muscles in your arms, back, shoulders, and core.
- Console Extras: The console has a two-speed fan, a water bottle holder, and a secure tablet holder.
- Warranty and Guarantee: The factory-direct deal includes a lifetime warranty on the frame, three years on parts, and one year of labor. ProForm also provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
ProForm HIIT Trainer Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Top Speed:||N/A MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||66.7" L x 29.25" W x 39" H|
- Simpler Display: The console with classic 7″ screen is well-built, but it’s ho-hum compared to the 10″ touchscreen console that’s atop the HIIT Trainer Pro.
- Assembly: Assembling this heavy machine could be a workout in itself. Pay to have it assembled for you.
The HIIT Trainer is extremely efficient, comfortable to use, packed with programs, and competitively priced. On sale for $999 it’s a best buy in cardio training. Its closest competition is its big sibling, the HIIT Trainer Pro. While that upgrade has enticing electronics and a longer warranty, it’s only a small step up in terms of performance. The truth is that any ProForm HIIT Trainer offers impressive value and powerful workouts. You can’t really go wrong with this brand.