ProForm Power 690
What We Like
- Compact design: Like other ProForm home treadmills, the 690 has a SpaceSaver design: it folds vertically for storage.
- Motor: This model’s commercial-grade Mach Z 2.5 HP motor outperforms ordinary 2.5 HP motors. The motor’s extra durability helps make the 690 ideal for a serious athlete or a household of daily exercisers.
- Track cushioning: Patented ProShox cushioning is designed to reduce stress on exercisers’ joints.
- Workout programs: An iFit Live card reader is built into the console, enabling users to continually update their workout routines. iFit Live is an advanced workout system that lets users view famous trails with Google Maps and virtually travel them as the treadmill automatically adjusts its incline to mimic the terrain. iFit also lets exercisers compete with Facebook friends and learn from Jillian Michaels, a famous personal trainer. The machine has sixteen built-in workout programs and a hand-grip heart rate monitor too.
- Audio: The treadmill is iPod-compatible and features an Intermix Acoustics sound system.
- Warranties: The 690 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, plus a one-year warranty on other parts and labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Track length: The ProForm 690’s track is just 55” long, which is too short for some users.
The machine is equipped with a commercial-grade motor and great entertainment, but it’s sold for much less than luxury treadmill models. The ProForm 690 would be a good investment for beginning exercisers and serious athletes alike. Slight drawbacks include the shorter track length and a short warranty on parts.