For a trainer-led experience right in your own home, the ProForm Pro 2000 is a customer favorite. Featuring an ever-expanding library of exhilarating workouts that keep you on your toes, you’ll find your sweat sessions are always varied and exciting, allowing you to make gains without all the effort of workout planning. If you’re ready to experience professional-grade personal training in your living room, keep reading our complete ProForm Pro 2000 review to see if this could be the solution for you.
- Display: The ProForm Pro 2000’s10? HD touchscreen is large enough to read your stats like mileage, speed, estimated calorie burn, heart rate, and time spent exercising. It also offers a window to hundreds of trainer-led videos from both the onboard options and your iFit subscription.
- Workout Programs: The ProForm Pro 2000 is iFit-enabled with a one-year membership to get you started. Use Google Maps to run on terrains from around the world. Programs automatically sync with the incline and decline settings and speed up to match the resistance required in the programs or the outdoor landscape of your choosing.
- iFit Suggests New Workouts: Based on your patterns, iFit tracks progress and customizes progressive plans to help you achieve your goals.
- Track Size Good for Tall Runners: The ProForm Pro Treadmill series track is 60 inches long and 20 inches wide. Standard residential treadmills come in at around 55 inches long.
- Good Durability: The rear belt roller on the ProForm Pro 2000 is 2.5 inches in diameter, which helps to reduce wear and tear on the track.
- Easy on the Joints: The cushioning reduces impact on your joints.
- Incline/Decline: The generous 3-15% incline and decline allows you to vary your workout resistance while working different muscle groups. The decline also helps outdoor runners by closely simulating the topography of actual locations through iFit.
- Motor: It’s built with a 3.25 CHP Mach Z commercial motor, making it powerful enough to be a running treadmill.
- Media-Friendly: The new ProFormPro 2000 display has 2-inch Bluetooth speakers for your smartphone or other compatible player.
- Foldable: The space saver and easy lift assist technology makes it seamless to lift and push the deck into a vertical position and out of the way.
- Warranty: ProForm offers a 10-year warranty on the frame and motor, two years on parts, and one year on labor.
- Fan is Noisy: There are some complaints of the fan being too noisy.
- Screen is Small for Some: For some, the 10” screen is small, especially if you have vision issues. The tablet holder can come in handy if you need something larger.
We strive to provide thorough reviews to match you with the most efficient treadmill for your needs. This review was researched and written by a NASM-certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor well-versed in fitness equipment. Factors considered during the review process include the range of features provided, overall quality, and feedback from other users for the most well-rounded overview possible.
What to Look for in a ProForm Treadmill
The Proform Pro 2000 comes with a one-year Family Membership to iFit, delivering high-definition, trainer-led workout videos from around the world as well as live trainers who can physically guide your machine from remote. Compatible with the iFit Coach app and Google Maps, you can use the machine to virtually run across various terrains from around the globe, all enhanced by the HD display. There are more than enough options to challenge any fitness level while keeping workout sessions fresh and exciting.
The treadmill’s incline works in sync with the built-in workouts and apps, automatically shifting to complement the resistance levels in the workout programs or the elevation of the virtual iFit terrains. The incline/decline feels very real, especially useful for those who also run outdoors or are training for an outdoor race.
The roomy 60 x 20-inch track adds to the pleasure of your workout, feeling far less cramped than the standard 55-inch residential treadmill. The ReBound Pro Cushioning built into the tracks limits the impact on knees and joints, which is important for the ongoing health of regular and serious runners.
The 3.25 CHP Mach Z motor makes this treadmill worthwhile for walkers, joggers, and runners alike. You can run from 0-12 MPH on the machine. Aligning speed with the resistance levels can make your workouts challenging and allow you to build and tone muscles while burning more calories.
The ProForm Pro 2000 can support weights of up to 300 pounds.
ProForm offers a decent 10-year guarantee on the frame, two years for parts, and one year for labor.
- Easily-accessible heart rate sensor
- Tablet holder
- Audio auxiliary port and dual, 2-inch speakers
- Foldable for easy storage
Of ProForm’s top-tier lineup, the ProForm Pro 2000 is the entry level machine for shoppers who want high quality on a budget. The 2000 has built a good reputation over the years, and the new upgrades keep it relevant. This is a good choice for anyone in the mid-range budget who wants the guidance of a trainer at a reasonable cost.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is the ProForm 2000 Bluetooth-compatible?
A: Yes, the ProForm Pro 2000 is has a dock for your tablet and 2-inch Bluetooth speakers.
Q: How long will the ProForm Pro 2000 last?
A: When you follow the manufacturer’s care instructions, you should be able to enjoy 7-12 years of use with about 10 years being average.
Q: Is ProForm’s customer service reliable?
A: In my experience, ProForm’s online chat option was very quick to respond. Keep in mind, the representatives are motivated by commission, so they can be a little pushy to get you to make a purchase.
Q: Is it easy to assemble the ProForm Pro 2000 treadmill?
A: Assembly is easy, but the pieces are heavy, so you may want to have someone available to help.
- New, full color, HD touchscreen replaces dual-color (non-touch-screen) console
- New, pivoting tablet holder allows versatility in entertainment
- iFit Coach for professional-grade personal training and coaching right in your own home