The ProForm Sport 7.0 is an effective treadmill for walking and running. While it’s not meant for marathon training, it has a roomy 60″ track and a quiet 2.75 HP motor protected by a lifetime warranty. So there’s still some power and protective.
One highlight of this unit is the 12% incline. The incline smoothly adjusts in response to the push of a button or automatically synced to one of the preset programs. For speed and incline training, 22 programs are included on the console. Unlimited daily workout downloads can be obtained with iFit. The iFit module is sold separately.
This unit is the cheapest model in its series and trainees will have to supply their own iFit modules (which are included with the more expensive ProForm Sport Treadmills, the 9.0 S and the 12.0 ST). Still, this is a perfectly acceptable treadmill for the sub $1000 price range. But before committing to the ProForm Sport 7.0, but sure to check out our Best Treadmills Under $1000 article, where we recommend a different ProForm Treadmill along with products from NordicTrack and Sole.
What We Like:
- Incline: The automated incline tilts the deck by a maximum of 12%. Training with the incline will target new muscle groups and significantly boost your calorie burn.
- Full track: Although this treadmill is foldable, it has a standard 20″ x 60″ running surface. That’s long enough for almost any runner to take full strides.
- Program variety: Nearly two dozen workout programs are included, focused on speed and incline training. The 22 workouts were designed by a certified personal trainer. The machine can also support iFit workouts, although an iFit module is not included. Purchasing the module adds customized training with daily downloads.
- iFit option: iFit workout programming is one of the main reasons people buy ProForm treadmills. iFit works with your home’s wireless Internet connection to virtually take your treadmill around the world. Choose a route using a Google Maps app, and the ProForm Sport 7.0 Treadmill will automatically tilt its deck to simulate the rise and fall of the land. The module will add about $99 to the total price for the ProForm 7.0 Treadmill. A one-year subscription is included.
- Cushioning: Just like the more expensive ProForm Treadmills, the Sport 7.0 uses ProShox cushioning to protect your knees and other joints.
- Motor: The ProForm Sport 7.0 Treadmill is powered by a silent commercial-grade 2.75 HP motor. It ships with a lifetime guarantee.
- Smartphone port: This treadmill’s smartphone-compatible port makes it easy to enjoy music and podcasts during workouts. You can also connect a tablet computer.
- Dual fans: Not too hot, not too cold. The two console fans help you maintain that “just right” body temperature for a comfortable workout.
- Folding design: The ProForm 7.0 Treadmill can be easily folded with shock-assist technology. The unfolded footprint is 59.25″ x 36.63″. When folded upright, the unit is 79.62″ tall.
- Warranty: Customers get a lifetime warranty on the Sport 7.0’s motor and frame, five years on parts, and two years of service.
ProForm Sport 7.0 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 12%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||59.25" L x 36.63" W x 79.62" H|
- Small rollers: The tread belt moves on 1.9″ rollers, which are relatively small. Larger rollers are better because they help extend the life of the track.
- Screen: The screen isn’t faulty, but it is rather plain. These days most treadmill brands feature full color screens, touchscreens, and consoles with TV. Yet the ProForm 7.0 S has a dated and tiny 6” two-color screen.
- Assembly: ProForm treadmills typically take an hour or two to assemble, so paying for assembly is advised.
- Warranty: The warranty is short, even for a $999 treadmill. You’ll get lifetime coverage on the frame and motor, but other parts are protected for a mere two years. Labor is only free during the first year.
Check Out Our Video Review of the ProForm Sport 7.0
The ProForm Sport 7.0 Treadmill simply doesn’t get us excited. It’s not particular durable and there aren’t many fancy features. So what’s the appeal? The low price. That’s it. If you are seeking a low priced treadmill, then check out our favorite treadmills that cost $999 or less. That includes another ProForm treadmill, the Power 995i. It has more programming, a steeper incline and a longer warranty. The 995i is even easier to assemble as well. The ProForm Sport 7.0 simply isn’t worth it’s price tag. There are better machines out there in this price range. Go find one of them instead of wasting your time with this thing.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
ProForm Sport 7.0 FAQs
What is a good alternative to the ProForm Sport 7.0?
A great alternative to this treadmill is the NordicTrack C 990. These two treadmills are similar in size and features, but the NordicTrack C 990 has a slightly stronger motor and more built-in workout programs.
Where can I get replacement parts for the ProForm Sport 7.0?
Please check with ProForm’s customer support to obtain replacement parts for this treadmill. You can visit their website where they have a support page.