Reebok 8000 C Treadmill
This unit provides some above-average preset workouts for a budget treadmill, combining weight loss and light strength training in six built-in programs (and another 9 programs based purely on weight loss). Some trainees especially appreciate the carb counter, which displays the grams of carbohydrates burned per workout session.
What are some of the drawbacks? Well, this certainly isn’t a treadmill for anyone interested in iFit or an MP3 player even though those features are essentially standardized these days. A short 90 day parts warranty is also quite worrying. It’s not a good sign when the manufacturer doesn’t think that their product will even last 6 months.
What We Like:
- Workout programs: The 15 built-in programs allow users to combine cardiovascular training and strength training for efficient workouts. Interactive CrossTrainer programming can adjust the speed and incline of the treadmill while also prompting trainees to perform a variety of exercises with light handweights (included). It’s a fairly robust collection of programming for budget machine.
- Power incline: The treadmill track can tilt up to 10% and is easily adjustable with a QuickStep console button.
- Track cushioning: Compared with outdoor surfaces, AirShock cushioning on the Reebok 8000 C can reduce impact by up to 28% to protect joints and promote endurance.
- Motor: The 2.8 HP motor is strong enough for most beginning to moderate exercisers. It has a 12-year warranty.
- Display: The ClearView Prizm display can be set to different colors to match personal style. Still, this is a simple readout. One data field can be shown at a time. Options include speed, distance, time, pace, pulse, carbohydrates burned, and calories burned.
- Fan: A CoolAire workout fan is built into the console.
- Stability/Capacity: This sturdy unit has a user weight capacity of 300 pounds.
What We Don’t Like:
- Track size: The full exercise area of the 8000 C treadmill measures 19”W x 55”L. That’s a bit narrower than most treadmill tracks. It’s also not long enough for tall users, whose strides typically require 58” or 60” tracks.
- Short warranty: This model has the shortest warranty of any current Reebok treadmill: 90 days on parts and labor. Customers also get 12 years of protection on the motor.
This treadmill is best for beginners who are more interested in basic exercise than in extras like an iPod port or iFit personal training. The 8000 C has better built-in programming than your average budget treadmill, but it also has an exceptionally short parts warranty. If you absolutely need to have this machine? Look for a sale and treat yourself to an extended warranty. But in general, we wouldn’t recommend it.