The 5.45 treadmill originally sold for $1497, but the price has dropped to $899 since the introduction of the Smooth 5.65. One new feature of the 5.65 upgrade is a speaker system.
What We Like
- Convenience: When you buy directly from Smooth Fitness, your treadmill is shipped from one of three North American warehouses for quick delivery.
- Portability: This foldable treadmill has wheels for easy transport.
- Motor: The 5.45 has a quiet 2.5 HP motor that’s adequate for most walkers and joggers.
- Track: The 55”x20” track is specially woven to run quietly.
- Shock absorption: The treadmill frame is specially designed to absorb shock and deflect it from the runner’s body.
- Stability: Although the Smooth 5.45 can be folded, customers report that it feels very stable.
- Water bottle holder: This is a nice perk for a basic machine.
- Workout programs: While the machine isn’t fit with iFit workout technology, it includes a variety of programs to help users build speed, lose weight, and reach other fitness goals.
- Warranty: Smooth brand treadmill warranties are among the best in the industry. The company includes a lifetime warranty on the frame and parts, three years on electronics, and two years of in-home service.
Smooth treadmills are highly recommended as a group. With the 5.45, Smooth Fitness has again shown care in choosing the basics, such as a strong but quiet motor and a remarkably quiet track. The company also offers one of the best warranty packages in the treadmill industry. The treadmill doesn’t get a five star rating because its workout programs, while adequate, don’t compete with the iFit workouts that are available on comparably-priced machines. It also lacks an MP3 hookup.