Cyber Week Deal Alert! Soles best treadmill for Home Use is $100 OFF for Cyber Week! Click here to check out the sale.
If there’s one thing you really want to ensure you look for when purchasing a treadmill desk, it’s that it has a quality continuous horsepower motor. Since you want to walk on the treadmill for continuous hours during the day, if the treadmill you are buying doesn’t have a CHP motor, the chances that it keeps running for the long haul will be slim.
The Sole TD 80 treadmill offers a great motor and a good warranty as well, so if anything should go wrong with it, you will be well covered.
What We Like:
- The machine is built to have a cushioned deck that can reduce impact on the joints by up to 40%. This is extremely important when you are considering walking on it for multiple hours each day.
- It includes a foldable design to help you keep your space requirements for the treadmill to a reasonable level. Just fold out when you need to work and fold up when not in use
- Offers a 2.5 continuous horsepower motor, which allows you to go from speeds of 0.5 to 4 mph. While this may not be as much CHP as what you’ve seen on other running focused machines, remember that this treadmill is not designed to be used for intense running so doesn’t need to support so much intensity.
- Has a sturdy and durable steel construction with the frame. This ensures that it can support whatever you happen to be placing on your desk
- Offers an LCD console that gives you clear data on your total time elapsed, calories burned, distance travelled, and stride rate
- You can easily change speeds on this machine by simply pressing the buttons on the side
- The walking surface is large at 20” X 50”, which will larger users. This gives you freedom to move as you walk.
- Can support up to a maximum weight of 325 lbs., so should be suitable for most people.
- Comes with a good overall warranty that should suffice for those using this as it’s intended
- Offers an integrated tablet holder so you can comfortably rest your tablet and use it at all times while exercising
- Comes with a USB charging port so you never have to worry about your iPod or phone running out of batteries partway through exercising
Sole TD80 Treadmill Desk - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||20” x 50”|
|Top Speed:||4 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||70" L x 35" W x 57" H|
- Does not come with any sort of heart rate monitoring abilities
- It does not have the ability to go between being a treadmill desk and a regular treadmill like some others on the market do. When you purchase this, you are designating it to being a treadmill desk only
Overall, the Sole TD80 Treadmill Desk is a good option for those who want to walk at their desk and feel comfortable while they do it. While it would be nicer if this treadmill had the ability to double as a regular running treadmill as well like some do on the market. if you are okay with just using this at strictly at work, it’s a good investment.
The build and design is extremely durable so it should hold up well with proper use for many years to come. it also features a lifetime warranty on the frame, so if anything should go wrong, you’ll be covered.
You’ll also have five-years warranty on the motor as well as two years for parts and labor, so relatively decent for a machine in this price range.
Speaking of price ranges, the sale price point on this machine at just under $1,500 is reasonable. Considering how many hours you may potentially spend on this treadmill, the cost per hour will work out to be low –lower than on many running fitness treadmills.
The fact that it is foldable is also definitely going to work to your advantage, especially if you plan on using it in a home office environment. Home offices already tend to be quite cramped so bringing in a treadmill desk that doesn’t fold up may be an unrealistic idea.