What We Like:
- Large Deck: The tread belt of the 6.8 is spacious at 20″x 60″. Users of the 6.6 will be pleased with the familiar feel and space capabilities of the 6.8.
- Motor Strength: One significant change that comes with the 6.8 is motor strength. This treadmill comes with a 3.5 CHP motor, making it an ideal choice for both casual runners and competitive athletes.
- Speed: The 6.8 will reach speeds of up to 12MPH with an adjustable incline up to 15%. This provides a great training for those preparing for an event or those individuals who just wish to ramp up their activity level.
- Comfort: You’ll find your standard modern treadmill creature features on this machine – water bottle holder, cooling fan, cushioned deck.
- Easy to Move: This heavy-duty machine features a lightweight folding frame so anyone can move it out of the way and out of sight when their workout is through
- Hand controls: With the 6.8, you can adjust your workouts to carry you into the next level with the simple flip of a button found in the hand grips.
- Heart Rate Monitor: A wireless heart rate monitor is available with the 6.8 model.
- Warranty: The Trail Racer 6.8 comes with a lifetime warranty for frame and motor, a five year warranty for the deck, two years for parts and one year in-home labor. There is also a 60-day money back guarantee.
XTERRA Trail Racer 6.8 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||20"x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80.9" L x 35" W x 57.1" H|
- Programs: The programs are evidently designed by a certified personal trainer, and the treadmill includes a quarter mile progress bar. However, there are no additional programs added since the creation of the 6.6, leaving us wondering why more weren’t added for the 6.8.
- Plastic Console: Xterra is known for its durable machines, but some owners have struggled with the plastic console. Pieces of it have been known to break off, which can complicate what should be simple features like holding a water bottle or securing the console with less than recommended attachments.
- Cooling Fan Strength: The cooling fan has been reported to be a bit weak, so if you tend to overheat or sweat a generous amount during your workout, then you may not wish to depend upon the fan to regulate your body temperature.
More Review Features of the XTERRA Trail Racer 6.8 Treadmill on video!
The Trail Racer 6.8 is a quality purchase except for the potential issue with the plastic console. Despite this, it’s a reliable, high-end machine that definitely lives up to both its price tag and advertised potential. With a cushioned deck and enough programs to properly get someone into the habit of regular workout structure, the 6.8 is a popular choice with the fitness community.
The weight capacity of this treadmill is the highest out of all the XTERRA models, allowing individuals of up to 400 lbs to use it on a daily basis. The lifetime frame and motor warranty remains, as does the 5 year deck & parts, 1 year in-home labor agreement Trail Racer 6.6 owners are familiar with.
Workout at night or in the brightness of the early morning sun with a large display screen featuring a blue backlight. With an increased motor strength of 3.5 CHP, the 6.8 retains XTERRA’s challenging 15% incline. This can be adjusted to a more forgiving steepness for those just starting out in the routine of treadmill exercise.
For the reasonable price of under $1300, the Trail Racer 6.8 is a quality piece of equipment. However without many changes, purchasing the 6.6 may be a better option for those who fall under the 350 lb requirement and don’t mind a slightly weaker motor.