This Treadmill Could Be For You If:
- You’re looking for a budget-friendly, entry-level treadmill.
- You want a treadmill with a respectable warranty.
- You’re new to fitness and want to focus on light to moderate workouts or walking routines.
Horizon Fitness distributes low-cost treadmills and other home fitness equipment. Its entry-level T101 treadmill comes in at just $699, making it one of the best-selling models in the industry. It’s an ideal treadmill for those who prefer walking or light to moderate workouts, and are looking for a machine with a compact, foldable design that can be stored easily. Some of its best features include an incline, a Bluetooth speaker system, nine built-in workout programming options, and a respectable warranty.
Further sweetening the deal, Horizon now offers financing options on their treadmills, so if you’re on a tight budget you can still get a quality machine from a recognized brand without paying the full cost upfront.
Although the T101 is Horizon’s best-selling model, the brand also offers higher-end treadmills such as the Adventure 3, Elite T5, Elite T7-02 and Elite T9-02 which are worth taking a look at if you can increase your budget.
What We Like:
Horizon T101 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||70" L x 34" W x 55" H|
What We Don’t Like:
- Short track: Although the 20-inch x 55-inch tread belt is a great improvement on the Evolve SG’s tiny 17-inch x 45-inch running area, it’s still not long enough for tall exercisers. Spending about $200 more can get you Horizon’s T202 treadmill, which has a 60″ track.
- Motor: The T101’s 2.5 CHP motor is suitable for walking and jogging, but won’t cut it for hardcore runners. What’s more, it only supports speeds up to 10 mph. You might find that a machine with a larger motor will provide a smoother experience.
- Cushioning: The T101’s cushioning is OK, but nothing to boast about. If you plan to use your treadmill primarily for jogging, consider opting for Horizon’s Elite T5 instead; it offers a better drive system, display and warranty that will pay off in the long run.
The T101 is ideal for someone at the start of their fitness journey or for those who prefer light to moderate workouts. A few of the T101’s star features include its nine workout programming options which provide exposure to different types of treadmill workouts, Bluetooth speakers for you to stream your motivating workout playlists, and a respectable warranty.
Although the Horizon T101 rates above average for a machine in its price class, don’t be misled. It’s great for what it is: a budget walking treadmill. If you’re on the hunt for a cheap treadmill that’s a bit more advanced, check out the Horizon Adventure 3 or Elite T5.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
- July 28, 2021: Added specs tested regarding the low noise level.
Horizon T101 FAQs
Where should I buy the Horizon T101 treadmill?
Buying your treadmill directly from Horizon Fitness online is usually the cheapest option after considering online discounts, free standard shipping and consumer protections. Horizon also offers 0% APR financing options.
How much does the Horizon T101 weigh?
Horizon’s T101 weighs 165 lb. and has a maximum user weight capacity of 300 lb.
How do the Horizon T101’s programs work?
The T101 has nine different workout programming options with time, distance, and calorie targets as well as manual, interval, and weight-loss workouts.
How many workout programs does the Horizon T101 have?
Horizon’s T101 treadmill has 30 built-in workout programs.