New Year Sale Alert: Life Fitness is offering 20% off all full price cardio right now. Click here to see the sale.
The Life Fitness T5 Treadmill features an excellent base and a choice of two consoles: “Go” and “Track.” Regardless of which console you choose, the Life Fitness T5 includes fantastic shock absorption, a 15% incline and smart energy-saving features.
The Go console is the more basic option of the two, yet is still a crowd-pleaser. It features 13 workouts including three classic, two advanced, three goal-oriented, and five HeartSync programs. The T5 Go Treadmill console lets two users save a custom profile . If you’d like to start working out right away without pesky scrolling, use the GoSystem Quick Start feature. Quick Start saves your preferred pace for walking, jogging, and running.
Additional built-in apps and customization options are offered with the Track console. It connects to Android and Apple devices to access personalized workouts, real-time workout tracking, and third-party fitness apps.
What We Like:
- Overall quality: The T5 home treadmill looks great and offers an almost commercial-grade experience. The track is maintenance-free like a club treadmill (no waxing required). The motor runs quite quietly. Wireless heart rate monitoring is included and the cushioning is exceptional.
- Energy smart: Why pay for energy that you don’t need? When a Life Fitness treadmill is plugged in but not in use, it automatically reduces its power draw by 90%. The motor also automatically adjusts to the user’s weight. So unless you’re approaching 400 pounds, the treadmill won’t run at its full capacity.
- Adjustable cushioning: The T5 treadmill track has a standard length (60″ long) but extra width (22″ across). Impact is deflected with LifeSpring shock absorbers, the same technology used in Corvette suspensions and railcar bumpers. Unlike rubber and foam, these springs won’t break down. An impressive cushioning package with three options for firmness will help runners improve endurance and minimize their risk of injury.
- Console: The T5 Go console is impressive. It’s intuitive to use and while there are “only” 13 programs including, they are all impressive. The Quick Start option is also very handy. The T5 Track console is best for serious athletes though (or for anybody who wants to use third-party exercise apps for workouts). It has 16 built-in workouts. Both T5 Treadmill consoles also have reading racks, accessory trays, and dishwasher-friendly cup holders.
- Heart monitors: Contact and wireless heart monitors are included. Monitoring can be used in conjunction with the T5’s heart rate controlled workouts. The machine responds to your body, adjusting the intensity of your challenge when necessary.
- Motor: All Life Fitness treadmills are powered by a quiet MagnaDrive Motor System. This smart technology detects user weight and adjusts motor output accordingly. With 3 horsepower, its motor can handle runners and multiple daily users. Most owners can expect the motor to last much longer than a decade.
- Incline: T5 treadmills can be inclined by 15% in .5% increments.
- Warranties: Life Fitness warranties show the manufacturer’s confidence in their products. The T5 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and cushioning system, a 10-year warranty on the motor, a seven-year warranty on the electrical and mechanical parts, and a year of labor.
Life Fitness T5 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||60" x 22"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||400 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 32" W x 60" H|
- Size: Measuring larger than most home treadmills, the Life Fitness T5 has a footprint of 80″ x 32″. It also weighs about 340 pounds. Once it’s set, you won’t be moving it any time soon. Of course, the up side is stability. The machine’s heft supports up to 400 pounds at 12 mph.
- Price: The MSRP is appropriate for a great product with a long warranty, but undeniably pricey.
- Setting up: Set-up isn’t easy. Life Fitness will deliver the treadmill for free, but only to your curbside. If you’d like the 340-pound machine to be moved inside your home and assembled, you’ll need to pay about $180 for the Life Fitness White Glove delivery service.
See More Features Of The Life Fitness T5 Treadmill In Our Video Review!
The T5 Treadmill is an impressive blend of form and function. We’re big fans of the high-quality cushioning, the heart rate controlled workouts, and the energy-saving technology. We recommend the Life Fitness T5 with Go console to most potential buyers. The mechanical quality, programming, and incline are enough to satisfy almost anyone. However, advanced trainees might tire of the 13 programs quickly. The Track console’s option to use Android and Apple apps ensures that cardio training never gets too routine. So keep that in mind when choosing between the models.