Landice Treadmill Models
Understanding the Landice treadmill selection is easy. You might see lots of machine names, but essentially there are two models for residential or light commercial use. One is standard sized… one is oversized… and each can be topped with your choice of workout control panels.
L7 and L7 LTD
The Landice with standard 20″ x 58″ workout area is called the L7 when sold with a home-use warranty (lifetime parts coverage). For light commercial use (five-year parts coverage) it’s called the L7 LTD or L7 Limited. This cardio trainer has a 400-pound user weight capacity.
L8 and L8 LTD
The supersized Landice treadmill has a 22″ x 63″ workout area. It’s labeled L8 for home use. For light commercial use it’s called the L8 LTD. This fitness machine has a 500-pound user weight capacity.
Landice Control Panels
Each Landice treadmill for 2018 can be customized with one of four workout control panels. These vary in terms of workout selection, display window and whether Bluetooth is included.
The top-tier choice is the Executive Control Panel. Benefits include a full-color touchscreen and the richest Landice menu of preset workout programs and fitness tests… And new for 2018 the Executive treadmill control panel has Bluetooth connectivity. Landice Bluetooth can connect with iTunes, RunSocial (a virtual reality or “mixed reality” workout app) and RunKeeper (the Landice workout tracking app).
Optional features with Landice treadmills are a tablet computer bracket, a 19″ TV screen, orthopedic cushioning and safety rails.
High-end standard features include a maintenance-free four-ply tread track, a power incline to 15 percent, and the usual amenities for a health club fitness machine: wireless heart rate monitoring, a reading rack, stereo speakers, a water bottle holder and a cooling fan.
What We Like:
- Customer Service: Landice is a member of the Online Better Business Bureau and consistently shows excellent commitment to customer service. The company also has a presence at brick-and-mortar retail establishments. Free in-home labor is provided to new treadmill owners who live within 60 miles of a Landice dealer.
- High Capacity: Landice L8 or L8 LTD treadmills can support trainees weighing up to 500 pounds. Additionally, this machinery has an uncommonly spacious training area — a 22″ wide x 63″ long track. The smaller L7 or L7 LTD is also high capacity with a user weight limit of 400 pounds.
- Control Panels: The variety of Landice consoles lets you choose simplicity or advanced functionality. All four consoles support wireless heart rate monitoring. Other favorite features are a 9″ full-color display, heart rate controlled workouts, and military fitness tests. Additionally, with the top-tier Executive Control Panel, you can simulate training at famous landmarks and across scenic landscapes.
- Motor: Landice treadmills have strong yet quiet 4.0 HP continuous duty motors. Like other Landice components, these motors are made in the USA.
- Tracks: Tracks on these machines are durable (four-ply) and well cushioned. The default cushioning is called VTX Shock Absorption. It’s been tested as five times more impact-absorbing than grass. You can upgrade to even softer orthopedic cushioning for a small surcharge.
- Warranty: Landice home treadmills are sold with lifetime warranties. (With most other home treadmills, only the frame is protected lifelong.) Landice light commercial and commercial treadmill warranty packages also lead the industry with their five years of parts protection.
What We Don’t Like:
- Footprint: Landice treadmills are extremely sturdy. Large machine bases help make the stability possible. The L8 or L8 LTD is especially large at 35″ wide and 83″ long.
- Price: Top-class treadmills come at a high price. Expect to pay about $4K and up for a new Landice treadmill. Advertised prices include tax, delivery, and professional assembly.
Landice treadmills are premium quality. They’re durable, easy to use, loaded with high-end features, and can be equipped with valuable extras. And unlike many treadmill brands, Landice is suitable for users who are tall and/or heavy. The only potential drawbacks are the upfront cost and the above-average machine dimensions. We recommend this treadmill brand to shoppers with bigger budgets who seek fitness equipment for the long term.