This Treadmill Could Be For You If:
- You want to work out with a large, interactive screen
- You want to work out with iFit and enjoy scenic running trails
- You want a machine with a challenging incline and slight decline
NordicTrack named their high-powered incline trainer treadmill the X22i after its super-sized 22-inch wide touch screen. The HD display supports immersive training experiences with customized workout programming. Users can enjoy HD augmented reality to virtually tour the world via immersive Google Street Views or access iFit video workouts designed and led by famous personal trainers in fitness studios around the globe. Who needs an expensive gym membership or personal trainer with an interactive treadmill screen like this?
See our Video Review of the NordicTrack Commercial X22i
There’s more to the machine than the screen though. HD programming won’t complete your workout for you, so thankfully the X22i delivers plenty of options for users of all ability levels, wherever you’re at in your fitness journey. Like all NordicTrack Incline Trainers, the X22i has a maximum incline of 40%, as well as a power tilt down to a maximum of 6%. Through the various incline and decline settings, treadmill training can prepare you for outdoor activity by working your muscles in different ways for rapid improvements in strength and tone.
Incline training is ideal for weight loss as well. By walking or running on the most extreme incline setting, you can burn calories at about five times your usual rate. To keep you entertained through the burn, the track will change incline in sync with the program or Google Street View workout you choose to view on-screen.
One of the most cutting-edge treadmills on the market, the NordicTrack X22i also features 50 on-board workout programs for you to enjoy, dual AutoBreeze™ workout fans to keep you cool, and many other amenities. The X22i also comes with an iFit Bluetooth chest strap so you can keep on top of your workout stats accurately and comfortably.
Although the full price is $3,999, factory-direct deals on incline trainer treadmills often take up to $1,000 off.
What We Like:
- Incline Training: The X22i incline trainer deck has a tilt range of -6% to +40%; this is about double the incline/decline range of the best standard treadmills. With each incline setting your muscles are challenged in different ways, allowing users to target specific muscle groups. You’ll also benefit from especially rapid calorie burn (up to five times your usual rate!). Compared to non-incline training like walking or running, the X22i allows you to put less impact on your joints, ligaments, and tendons, which minimizes the risk of strain and promotes better endurance.
- 22-inch Touch screen: The X22i has a 22-inch HD touch screen display which is ideal for getting lost in virtual outdoor exercise.
- iFit: The X22i’s 22-inch display means you can enjoy your free, 1-year iFit membership in full view and clarity. With this advanced personal training technology, you can access custom-tailored workouts in scenic locations all over the world from the comfort of your treadmill. Mix up your workouts with new destinations each time and you’ll never get bored of working out!
- Workout Programs: In addition to iFit, the X22i comes with 50 preset workouts to tackle goals in the categories of Calorie, Incline, Intensity and Speed.
- Powerful Motor: Great for heavy duty training, the X22i is powered by a 4.0 CHP motor that hits a high speed of 12 mph.
- Wide Track: The track measures 22 inches wide and 60 long. For comparison, a typical club treadmill has a 20-inch wide and 60-inch long track, so the X22i is downright roomy.
- Bluetooth Sound System: The X22i is equipped with Bluetooth audio capabilities and a set of 3” digitally amplified speakers, making it easy for you to stream your favorite workout playlists so you can stay motivated through music.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: NordicTrack Incline Trainers provide two options for heart rate monitoring: handlebar sensors and an iFit Bluetooth wireless chest strap which is included with purchase.
- High Capacity: The user weight capacity is 300 pounds.
- Easy Assembly: Incline trainers are relatively easy to assemble; expect assembly to take around half an hour.
NordicTrack Commercial X22i Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||-6 to 40%|
|Running Area:||22" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||70.2" L x 39.6" W x 71.6" H|
- Full Machine Price: At $3,999, the X22i is NordicTrack’s second most expensive treadmill, so it would be wise to wait for an online sale or buy factory-direct when you can expect to save up to $1,000.
- Short Warranty: With recent changes at NordicTrack, warranties across the board have been shortened to 10 years on frames, 2 years on parts and electronics, and 1 year on labor. Unfortunately this just doesn’t keep up with their competitors, and is a bit of a disappointment.
- Cushioning: Cushioning on incline trainer treadmills isn’t adjustable, unlike the cushioning on Commercial Series NordicTrack machines built especially for runners.
The new X22i has just about everything: high power, serious incline/decline and fantastic electronics. As a favorite luxury treadmill, the X22i Incline Trainer offers an impressively immersive workout. Highlights include a steep incline, a strong motor, an extra-wide HD screen, and iFit Coach for customized training. This is one of the top treadmills on the market.
However, for some shoppers the price is just too high. Its price tag is the only significant drawback, and no matter what deal you get, this machine comes at a premium price. A reasonable alternative is the X11i, which sells for roughly $1,000 less. Though very close in specs, its screen is significantly smaller (10 inches as opposed to 22).