Horizon T202 Review
The Horizon T202 treadmill is among the best values in discount fitness equipment. As the second model in a series of three – the T101, T202 and T203 – it offers a nice combination of features and affordability. For less than $1,000, customers get an automated 12% incline, a Surround Sound speaker system for their music, 12 built-in programs and an Advanced Goal Center for long-term fitness planning.
The T202 treadmill is very similar to the older and now discontinued T203. The T203 did cost about $200 more and had a slightly more powerful motor, two additional workout programs, and extra cushioning to support more weight.
What We Like:
- Price: This budget treadmill was launched with an MSRP of $1,299 and costs $799 online.
- Parts warranty: The one-year parts warranty isn’t bad for a cheap treadmill.
- Motor: The quiet 2.75 CHP motor can power most exercisers through challenging workouts without getting sluggish. It also has a lifetime warranty on the frame and motor.
- Free Sport App: The treadmill comes with a free, no-subscription Sport app which can control the equipment from the touchscreen of any device, phone, or tablet. The Sport app also pushes workout stats to other apps like Fitbit, MapMyRun, and MyFitnessPal.
- Audio: The Surround Sound speaker system and dock help make workouts fly by. Bluetooth-enabled, the treadmill features an audio in/out jack for additional user comfort.
- Exercise programs: The 12 built-in programs include time, distance, and calorie goal programs and manual, interval, and weight loss workouts. Plus, unlike the cheaper T101, the T202 has an Advanced Goal Center. This lets you chart exercise 31 days at a time and focus on long-term goals. Exercise data can easily be transferred to your iPod.
- Incline: To help make workouts more efficient, the T202’s track inclines up to 12% in increments of 0.5%. Compared with running on a flat surface, incline training stimulates more muscle fibers for a more efficient workout.
- Heart rate monitoring: You can easily monitor your pulse with the dual grip monitoring system. This helps you exercise within a target heart rate zone to make the most of each workout.
- Cushioning: 3-Zone Variable Response Cushioning provides a comfortable combination of support and flexibility to reduce strain on your knees and ankles. 3-Zone Variable Response Cushioning is a system where the treadmill’s three zones – front, middle, and back – all adjust differently to the impact based on the user’s stride. The foot strikes each of these zones differently as the runner strides outward.
- Console: The good-looking console has two LED data windows with alphanumeric displays. A cooling fan is included and the unit has a built-in tablet rack as well as energy saver mode.
- Portability: This treadmill can be folded for easy storage and transport.
- Stability: The T202 is safe for users weighing up to 325 pounds.
- BlueTooth Smart: Includes Bluetooth speakers so you can stream music wirelessly from your devices and connects to all your devices at the same time.
Horizon T202 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||75"" L x 34"" W x 58" H|
- Budget belt: The treadbelt is just one-ply. It’s 1.4 mm thick. Treadmills that cost more have two-ply or even four-ply belts. Thicker belts are more durable.
The T202 is a good all-purpose budget treadmill. The Advanced Goal Center makes it especially easy to stay on task and achieve long-term fitness goals, and the mobile device dock helps make workouts more enjoyable. Compared with other budget treadmills, the Horizon T202 provides more preset programs, a steeper incline, better cushioning and a better standard warranty.
- July 13, 2021: Added some FAQs to the page.
- July 28, 2021: Updated key specs, offerings, and FAQs.
Horizon T202 FAQ
What is the weight of the Horizon T202?
The Horizon T202 weighs 187 lbs. with a maximum user weight capacity of 325 lbs.
What apps can you use on the Horizon T202?
The Horizon T202 comes with the Sport app. This app automatically pushes workout stats to other fitness apps, like Fitbit, MapMyRun and MyFitnessPal.
Is the Horizon T202 easy to assemble?
Some assembly is required with the Horizon T202. The assembly can easily be done by one or two people. Horizon also offers an assembly service at an additional cost.
How do I replace the belt on the Horizon T202 treadmill?
The first step is to unplug the unit from the wall and take off the speed sensor. Next, remove the deck bolts and install the drive roller. Finally, install the rear roller.
How do I lube the belt on the Horizon T202 treadmill?
The first step is to unplug the unit from the wall. Next, use the T-shaped wrench which should have accompanied the purchase to loosen the roller bolts and lift the belt. Lift up one side of the belt to expose the running surface and apply the silicone bottle to squirt the lube in a diagonal pattern across the length of the belt. Repeat this process on the other side and use about half of the bottle on each. Then use the wrench to tighten the bolts. At this point, plug the machine back into the wall and you should see a "Lube" message flashing on the control screen. Press the Speed's Up and Down buttons simultaneously for five seconds to reset that message. Two beeps should be heard to indicate this has been done. Press the Start button and allow the belt to run by itself at about 3 mph for a few minutes to spread the silicone. Shoot for two to four minutes. Then walk on the machine for about three minutes to apply a bit more pressure. When done, press the Stop button and examine the running belt for excess silicone, using a cloth to wipe it up if any is spotted.