Key specifications include a 2.6 CHP drive, an 18” x 55” track, adjustable track cushioning/dampening, a maximum speed of 10 mph, and max incline of 10 percent. The treadmill also has contact-based heart rate monitoring sensors, and a smartphone-compatible jack that connects to a pair of 2” stereo speakers.
Pros and cons of choosing the C 590 Pro treadmill are below, but for overviews of more advanced NordicTrack cardio trainers, see our NordicTrack treadmill comparison chart.
What We Like:
- Workout Selection: With the C 590 Pro treadmill you get 20 on-board workouts that control both incline and running speed. Additionally with an iFit membership and a mobile device, you can download an unlimited number of iFit personal training programs for the treadmill. A favorite iFit feature is Google Maps integration, which allows you exercise with interactive views of a wide range of global destinations. Each iFit membership allows up to four user profiles.
- Wireless Pulse Receiver: This unit is compatible with a wireless chest strap for heart rate monitoring. The machine also has contact-based heart rate monitoring.
- Sound System: A set of 2″ speakers is built into the console. You can boost the volume of your MP3s by connecting a smartphone-compatible MP3 player via the jack.
- Adjustable Cushioning: This NordicTrack treadmill has an on/off cushioning system called FlexSelect. By turning a lever you can switch between a cushioned workout deck and a firmer training surface.
- SpaceSaver Technology: The NordicTrack C 590 Pro is a foldable treadmill. Although the deck is heavy, a hydraulic system makes it easy to lift into a vertical position to save floor space.
NordicTrack C 590 Pro Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 10%|
|Running Area:||18" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||70" L x 33" W x n/a" H|
- Small Track: This treadmill has an 18-inch wide by 55-inch long running surface, which is on the narrower end of the spectrum of industry standards. Taller runners might find these dimensions slightly restrictive, especially if they are used to larger commercial/club equipment.
- Outdated Model: With the updates to the NordicTrack treadmill line, there are better models with integrated HD screens and more features for a nominal increase in cost.
- Warranty: The free warranty for this treadmill is typical for the price class, but it’s not a great value. Repairs and replacement parts are only free during the first year of ownership. Spending a bit more on a treadmill, you could get a machine with at least a two-year parts warranty.
The NordicTrack C 590 Pro is an older treadmill model meant especially for walking. While it’s not as advanced as new NordicTrack treadmills, it can satisfy people seeking low-priced cardio trainers. Top features are the power incline and the iFit-ready console, but even then if you’re looking for an iFit capable model, you’re better off looking at the T Series from NordicTrack that has an integrated screen rather than requiring an additional device for viewing. That said, for $629 with free delivery, the C 590 Pro is one of the better deals in its price class.
You can compare this treadmill with newer NordicTracks on our main NordicTrack treadmill review page.