Highlights of the NordicTrack C 630 Treadmill are enabled iFit, a bracket for your tablet computer, an automated 10% incline, and on/off FlexSelect cushioning.
Why is this a treadmill for walkers? The track is 55″ long, which is perfect for walking but possibly too short for running. Also, the motor is 2.6 CHP. That’s good power but maybe not enough for frequent high-intensity sessions. The NordicTrack C 990, which costs just $100 more during online promotions, has a 60″ track and a 3.0 HP motor.
What We Like:
- Built-In Programming: The C 630 treadmill is loaded with 20 workout apps designed by a certified personal trainer. These can be used at different levels, giving you just the right amount of challenge. Programs focus on speed, endurance, intensity and weight loss.
- iFit Enabled: Take your treadmill online! The C 630 arrives ready to go; all you’ll need is an iFit subscription and a wireless Internet connection. iFit lets you download daily workouts, get motivated with a virtual personal trainer, track your workout data, and participate in online treadmill races. It also has a Google Maps feature that lets you virtually experience routes around the world! Just enter a route and the NordicTrack C 630 will mimic the landscape, tilting upward by up to 10%.
- Tablet Bracket: The console is relatively simple, but a bracket for your tablet computer gives the treadmill big potential. If you attach your tablet, you can view iFit programming in full color with streaming video! To access the built-in programs you’ll use a simpler 6″ backlit LED. The screen shows your progress with a racetrack graphic along with speed, time, distance, calories and heart rate.
- Fan: Beneath the console screen is an AutoBreeze fan. It responds to the pace of your workout.
- Heart Rate Monitor: Pulse sensors are built into handlebars on the console. Wireless monitoring is more accurate, but it’s not often found on the cheaper treadmills. Heart rate data can be tracked automatically with an iFit subscription.
- Adjustable Cushioning:With a quick manual adjustment, the track can be made firm like the road or cushioned to reduce impact by up to 30%.
- Power Incline: The motorized incline tilts the deck by up to 10%. Walking on an incline can reduce pressure on your knees, help you get better muscle definition, and dramatically boost your metabolic rate.
- Quiet Motor: This unit’s 6 CHP DurX motor gets good marks for keeping quiet. It doesn’t have a lifetime warranty like many others, but it’s a good motor for the price. It supports a top speed of 10 mph. Overall it is ample for walkers but could leave runners dissatisfied.
- High Capacity: The max user weight is 300 pounds.
- SpaceSaver: Free up some floor space by folding the deck of the NordicTrack C 630 Treadmill. This is made easy with a shock assist system.
NordicTrack C 630 Treadmill Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 - 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||78.3" L x 35.75" W x 56.4" H|
- Short Warranty:The warranty on this product makes it a bit of a gamble. While the frame has a lifetime guarantee and the motor is covered for 25 years, the parts are only under warranty for a year. Labor is covered for the first year.
- Small Rollers: The smaller the rollers, the more stress is put on the tread belt; the 1.9″ rollers are another reason we say that the C 630 is built more for walkers than for runners.
- No Extras on Console: Except for the AutoBreeze fan, there’s nothing special about the console. Many other treadmills, even at low prices, include water bottle holders, accessory trays and sound systems for MP3 players.
The NordicTrack C 630 Treadmill is a pretty good choice for walkers on a budget. It can be used with the popular iFit service, and on sale days it’s just $799. It would be considered an entry-level treadmill though because it’s relatively simple in terms of incline, horsepower, screen size, roller size and other features.
If you can spend just a bit more, choose a more advanced NordicTrack treadmill in the C Series, like the C 990. You’ll get more power, a longer track, a longer warranty and other noticeable upgrades.
Outside of this series, but sticking with NordicTrack, we recommend the Commercial 1750. This popular treadmill has a 3.6 CHP motor, a web-enabled touchscreen, a 60″ belt, and an incline/decline. It’s in a higher price class but often drops down to $1599.