Other benefits of the C 1550 are a 15% incline and 3% decline, 30 workouts, wireless heart rate monitoring and an iPod port. iFit personal training can be added for about $99/year, letting you take your workouts online and around the globe with routes powered by Google Maps.
By combining all of the above with a low sale price and long warranty, NordicTrack has earned a five-star treadmill review.
What We Like:
- Incline/Decline: Simulate outdoor conditions with a 15% maximum incline and -3% maximum decline. This option helps you recruit different leg muscles for extra toning and calorie burn.
- Program Options: You’ll get 30 preset workout apps, all designed by a certified personal trainer. The workouts target calorie burning, incline, speed and intensity goals. For even more customized programs, you can add an iFit console and subscribe to iFit Live.
- iFit Live: Investing about $99-$149 will bring access to iFit Live. Some features include: online personal training workouts and tips, automatic charting of your fitness progress online, and virtual races with your Facebook friends. Plus, because of the treadmill’s incline and decline, you can experience the feel of actual trails around the world with help from Google Maps.
- Console Screen: NordicTrack’s 8” backlit console screen is easy to read at any angle. Speed, time, distance, calories and pulse are displayed as you move around a digital quarter-mile racetrack.
- Audio Entertainment: The C 1550 features a powerful InterMix Acoustics 3.0 sound system. There’s a port for your iPod or other MP3 player.
- High-End Track: The treadmill’s smooth-running, durable track is 60” long to accommodate taller runners. QuadFlex™ cushioning provides four special cushioning zones to minimize stress on your body. Also, the track is coated to require less maintenance (lubrication) than others in its price class.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Monitor your heart rate by using the included chest strap or grip monitors built into the handlebars.
- SpaceSaver: This sturdy treadmill can easily be folded to save floor space.
- Commercial Motor: The C 1550’s 3.2 HP DurX motor is powerful yet ultra-quiet. It’s sold with a lifetime warranty.
- Warranty: You’ll get lifetime warranties on the motor and frame, a five-year warranty on parts, and two years of free labor.
What We Don’t Like:
- Non-Sale Price: This product is now a steal for about $1200, but what’s with the $2500 MSRP that some have paid? NordicTrack isn’t the only fitness company playing the price game. It pays to wait for one of their promotions when buying a treadmill or other major fitness equipment. Promotions are very frequent.
We give a five star review to NordicTrack’s C 1550 treadmill. At the current sale price and with a five-year parts warranty, it’s an excellent value. The track is not only cushioned just right, but it grips your shoes with just the right amount of support to enhance your performance. The incline/decline, high-end motor, and ample workout selection are just some of the other features that make this product a winner.