Life Fitness T3 Review
The Life Fitness T3 Treadmill is technically an entry level machine from Life Fitness, but far superior to almost every other entry level treadmill on the market. This popular treadmill is quite similar to the pricier T5. With a 350-pound weight capacity, the unit has a 60-inch track, a 3.0 horsepower motor, and a 15% incline. Most trainees will be more than satisfied with this machine and wouldn’t even notice the T3’s upgrades, which are mainly a higher weight capacity and an extra-wide track.
Like other Life Fitness treadmills, this model offers a choice of two consoles: “Go,” and “Track.” Basically, the “Go” console has all the essentials, while the “Track” console adds variety. The “Track” console connects with LFConnect.com for fitness tracking. Most importantly, it works with third-party apps designed for Apple or Android mobile devices. The unit also comes with two cup-holders for added comfort as part of its integrated accessory tray.
The Life Fitness “Go” console is loaded with 16 workouts, 12 of which are custom. This includes three classic workout programs, two advanced, three goal-oriented, and five connected to a HeartSync. Two users can custom profiles and a convenient Quick Start feature automatically adjusts to the trainee’s preferred pace for walking, jogging, and running.
Additional built-in apps and customization options are offered with the Life Fitness “Track” console. It connects to Android and Apple devices for personalized workouts, real-time workout tracking, and third-party fitness apps.
Life Fitness T3 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||79.5" L x 34.5" W x 57.5" H|
What We Like:
- Cushioning: The T3 treadmill features the patented FlexDeck cushioning system that reduces the impact to joints by up to 30%.
- Incline: T3 treadmills can incline up to 15% in 0.5% increments. Incline training helps trainees enjoy the benefits of working out over diverse terrains. Exercising at even a 5% grade can dramatically increase your metabolic rate.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Contact and wireless heart rate monitors are included. This is especially useful in heart rate controlled workouts that ensure trainees exert a healthy and effective amount of energy.
- Durability: The T3 home treadmill has a maintenance-free track with above-average rollers that will last for many years to come.
- Power Saving: Designed by energy-conscious engineers, this treadmill automatically reduces its power draw when not in use. Life Fitness motors also adjust to user weight, so that the machine only operates at full capacity when absolutely necessary.
- Console: The T3 “Go” console offers a comprehensive list of workout options and is intuitive to use. Whether exercising for weight loss, endurance, or speed, user can can expect a solid workout. However, the “Track” console is best for more serious athletes. It has 16 built-in workout programs and fitness tracking through LFConnect. Both Life Fitness T3 Treadmill consoles also include reading racks, accessory trays, and dishwasher-friendly cup holders.
- Motor: Life Fitness treadmills are powered by silent MagnaDrive motors. They offer 3 HP, support speeds from 0.5-12 mph, and are under warranty for 10 years.
- Weight Capacity: This machine supports user weights of up to 350 pounds. It weighs almost 250 pounds itself with a large base to ensure stability.
- Warranties: Life Fitness warranties show how confident the manufacturer is in their treadmills. The T3 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and cushioning, a 10-year warranty on the motor, and a five-year warranty on electrical and mechanical parts. Labor is free for the first year. This unit also features a 3-year warranty on the console.
What We Don’t Like:
- Size: Life Fitness treadmills are larger than most. This unit has a footprint of about 79 inches by 34 inches. Another model, the F3, is similarly sized but can fold vertically when not in use.
- Sound System: This treadmill doesn’t have a 3.5mm audio/headphone jack which does surprise us a bit.
- Assembly: Few treadmills arrive ready-to-use, but some are much easier to assemble than others. The T3 arrives with a 32-page manual, 18 pages of which are devoted to assembly. Life Fitness will assemble the unit if you pay for $180 with the White Glove delivery service. It’s worth the expense.
Check Out Our Video Review Of The Life Fitness T3 Treadmill!
The Life Fitness T3 Treadmill is understandably one of the brand’s best sellers. It costs significantly less than the T5, yet boasts most of the same perks. As for console choice, it depends on how gung-ho you are about using mobile fitness apps and tracking your progress digitally. The “Go” console will satisfy most, but advanced trainees might want more variety. The “Track” console’s compatibility with Android and Apple workout apps helps ensure that treadmill training will never get too routine. This machine remains a strong option for first time treadmill owners and is easily one of the best entry-level treadmills available. The only real downside is the size, so make sure that you have plenty of extra space to accommodate this machine before committing to a purchase.
October 31, 2022: Updated price and some specifications, refined FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the return policy and customer service like on the Life Fitness T3 treadmill?
With a lifetime warranty on the machine, the company is prepared to handle returns if need be. We've seen an uptick in customer service complaints lodged against all manufacturers ever since the COVID-19 quarantine interfered with supply chains across the world. To that extent, we would not hold those complaints against any one manufacturer.
Is the Life Fitness T3 Treadmill noisy?
All treadmills make some degree of noise, and we would note that this isn't as quiet as some of its competitors. This shouldn't be too big of a problem, but if you live in a small apartment it will most likely be heard by others.
Is the Life Fitness T3 Treadmill foldable?
No, this is not a foldable machine.
How do you lubricate the Life Fitness T3 treadmill?
Always turn the treadmill off and unplug the machine before working with the belt, which would include lubrication. Next, loosen the rear roller adjustment bolts about 10 turns. Apply about half of the Life Fitness lubricant bottle to the deck, between the belt and deck. Make sure the belt is centered properly before tightening the rear roller adjustments by way of the bolts. Plug the treadmill in and turn it on, then run the unit at 3 mph and ensure the belt remains centered.
Does the Life Fitness T3 treadmill have speakers?
No, this unit does not have speakers.