Life Fitness T5-5
What We Like
- Overall quality: Life Fitness home treadmills include commercial-grade parts such as pre-lubricated tracks, precision crowned rollers that extend track life, and advanced motors.
- Track: The T5-5 has a long and extra-wide 60”x22” track. It also provides excellent shock absorption with its patented FlexDeck system, and the durable springs are guaranteed to maintain their flexibility for many years. Compared with other treadmills, Life Fitness treadmills reduce the impact to joints by almost 30%.
- Consoles: The T5-5’s deluxe console includes 15 pre-designed workout programs and lets users design and save seven custom workouts. Four user profiles can be saved, and a Quick Start system remembers the speed and incline of users’ previous workouts. The console’s buttons are ergonomically placed, back-lit, and feature easy-to-use TouchSensor technology. The T5-5 also has a built-in reading rack and dual accessory trays with cup holders.
- Heart monitor: A wireless heart monitor chest strap can be used in conjunction with the T5-5’s patented HeartSync heart rate controlled workouts.
- Motor: The Life Fitness T5-5, like all Life Fitness’s treadmills, features a quiet MagnaDrive™ Motor System that detects user weight and adjusts motor output accordingly. With 3.0 horsepower, its motor is suitable for runners and multiple daily users. Users can attain a top speed of 12 mph, and the motor supports up to 400 pounds.
- Incline: The T5-5 can be inclined by 15% in .5% increments.
- Warranties: The T5-5 is sold with a lifetime warranty on the frame and shock absorbers, a 10-year warranty on the motor, a seven-year warranty on the electrical and mechanical parts, and a year of labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Price: Life Fitness treadmills are not economy-priced machines, but they do stand up to the average wear and tear where most treadmills would breakdown.
The T5-5 is an excellent home treadmill that adapts commercial-quality technology for home use. The deluxe console stores a variety of workout programs and makes it easy for users to resume a workout program. Overall, the treadmill’s attractive and ergonomic console, flexible deck, and commercial-quality motor provide an excellent blend of form and function.
This model includes a few upgrades over the Life Fitness T5-0, such as additional workout programs and the ability to store more user profiles. However, these features might not be worth the extra expense to some users. Additionally, some users might prefer a treadmill that includes audiovisual entertainment.