A Top Value from a Top Manufacturer
The 9.27 is a step above Precor’s entry-level treadmill, and in our review it’s a great buy. What you’ll get: A 57” track with patented multi-zone shock absorption system; wireless heart rate monitoring; a 15% incline; and ten preset workouts. This treadmill is ideal for those with a significant other – two user profiles can be saved – and if you have small kids or pets, you’ll appreciate the safety lock. More specs are provided in the review below.
What We Like:
- Track cushioning: When you run outdoors, the Earth provides little protection against the impact of exercise on your ankles and knees. Managing to out-do Mother Nature, Precor has patented “Ground Effects Impact Control technology” and added it to all their treadmills in this year’s lineup. This unique cushioning system helps prevent injury and also minimizes fatigue. Further stride support is provided by the 9.27’s automatic micro-adjustments to your speed.
- Track length: The 57” track length is just right for most walkers and runners. The tallest runners, however, might need more room for a longer stride.
- Track incline: Experience the power of incline training!Exercising on a slope reduces strain on knees while increasing muscle recruitment and the rate of calorie burn. The Precor 9.27 treadmill track can be tilted up to 15%.
- Motor: All Precor treadmills in the 2013 lineup have 3.0 HP continuous duty motors. These commercial-grade components operate quietly and can quickly adapt to minute changes in speed. Even when you do interval training, the treadmill won’t skip a beat.
- Programming: Ten preset programs are provided to meet a range of training goals. The titles are Heart Rate (x2), Walk (x2), 5K Track, Fun Run, Hill Climb, Interval, Manual and Weight Loss. Data are shown on a 4”x3” LCD screen.
- Low maintenance: No messy lubrication is required. With Precor’s welded treadmill frames you won’t need to worry about loose bolts, which are often a problem with cheaper fitness machines. Also, Precor treadmill tracks have dry silicone lubrication and are advertised as “maintenance free.”
- Warranty: Owners get lifetime warranties on the 9.27’s frame plus five years of parts protection and one year of labor.
What We Don’t Like:
- A minor complaint is the product weight, which approaches 300 pounds. The heavy weight ensures stability but obviously makes this product difficult to manage; the 9.27 is by no means a portable treadmill.
- As mentioned above, the tallest runners might prefer a longer track. This model has a 57” track whereas the longest treadmill tracks are 60” and 62”. However, your stride will naturally shorten during runs if you use the incline.
See more features of the Precor 9.27 Treadmill on Video!
The 9.27 treadmill is one of our current Precor favorites. It combines a good amount of standard workouts with heart rate programs, and the track technology makes a noticeable difference over running on asphalt or grass. We also appreciate the safety feature, which isn’t available with all treadmill brands.
Very serious athletes might prefer to spend more on an advanced Precor treadmill, but in our review this model has the best combination of price and features for most exercisers.