A top value from ProForm Fitness, the sale-priced SMART Power 1295i treadmill with iFit Coach can support quality training for less than $1/day. Use it for long daily walks or run at top speed; the 3.5 CHP Mach Z commercial motor supports sprinting at up to 12 mph. The track has a power incline too, which can help double your usual calorie burn! The new Power 1295i (updated for 2019) has a retail price of $2,499 but debuted for less than $1,500. You can expect to pay anywhere from just $1,299 to $1,499 depending on the time of year. This treadmill has an industry-leading five-year warranty on parts and electronics.
The Power 1295i is the leading treadmill in ProForm’s Power Series, and it’s clearly distinguished from the cheaper 995i thanks to an integrated full-color 7″ high contrast display. It gives you access to preset workout apps (34 are included), unlimited workout downloads and personal training from iFit Coach (free membership for the first year). The high definition technology helps make the most of various iFit features — particularly the Google Maps workouts that show footage of your chosen route, and the HD videos from famous personal trainers. This treadmill is also backed by ProForm’s best warranty package. Owners get a lifetime frame and motor warranty, five years on parts and two years for labor. All factory-direct ProForm treadmills are sold with 30-day money back guarantees.
What We Like:
- Versatile: This home treadmill supports everything from easy strolling to intense interval training. Its maximum speed is 12 mph and workouts are powered with a 3.5 continuous horsepower motor.
- Power Incline: Vary your exercise and simulate hill training with the 1295i’s electronic incline. If you walk or run at the steepest incline setting (12%) your calorie burn rate will double compared with zero-incline exercise at the same speed.
- Workout Programs: Workout program variety help to make ProForm treadmills popular. The new Pro 1295i has thirty-four programs that control the belt’s speed and incline, making it easy to efficiently target your calorie, speed and distance goals.
- iFit Coach Ready: iFit Coach is a paid service but you will get it free for your first year with purchase, you can access directly through the 1295i console or with your own computer/smartphone. One major benefit of membership is the unlimited workout variety: Get a custom-tailored personal training routine every day, use iFit’s library of HD video workouts, and create an unlimited number of Google Maps workouts that control the treadmill’s incline to mimic charted topography.
- HD Monitor: The new 1295i has a 7″ high contrast display.
- Track Cushioning: ProForm’s patented ProShox cushioning absorbs significant impact through the deck, making exercise up to 28% gentler on joints compared with training on pavement.
- Audio & Your Apps: Stream your favorite music through the SMART Power 1295i’s Bluetooth speakers connected via audio auxiliary port. Two inches wide, these are the brand’s premium speakers for adding motivation to cardio training.
- Workout Fan: A two-speed CoolAire fan is built into the console.
- Foldable Frame: The 1295i takes 81.4″ x 35.5″ of floor space. It doesn’t qualify as a compact treadmill but it’s foldable for storage. Shock-assist technology makes it easy to push the deck into a vertical position.
- High Capacity: This unit can safely hold up to 350 pounds.
- Warranty Package: Customers who buy ProForm treadmills factory-direct get one of the manufacturer’s best warranty packages including lifetime frame and motor coverage, five years on parts and electronics, and two years for labor.
ProForm SMART Power 1295i Treadmill - Key Specs:
What We Don’t Like:
|Incline:||0 - 15%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||12 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81" L x 37" W x 66.7" H|
- Grip Heart Monitor: This treadmill has grip EKG technology, so you can get a heart rate readout with sensors on the handlebars. The drawback is that grip sensors aren’t as convenient to use nor as accurate as the wireless pulse systems built into some treadmills.
- Slow Customer Service: ProForm sells more treadmills worldwide than any other brand… and with so many customers, the service department often seems to be overwhelmed.
- Service Policy: A few fitness equipment brands provide in-home service but ProForm isn’t one of them. If this machine breaks you might need to ship it out for repair, so the two-year labor warranty doesn’t necessarily mean that getting repairs will be free.
Feature-rich and built with good quality components, the new ProForm SMART Power 1295i is a good pick if you don’t mind the risk of inefficient customer service. We’d definitely shop a sale rather than pay full price; discounts pop up frequently on the ProForm website.