The Weslo CardioStride 3.0 Treadmill is a manually operated, compact, lightweight treadmill that sells for under $100. You can find this brand and model at retailers like Walmart.
The manual design of this model means that it requires no electrical power. It offers a 15% fixed, two-position incline, and the weight capacity is 250 pounds maximum. The CardioStride 3.0 is also portable, featuring a vertically folding design that uses the patented SpaceSaver technology.
This treadmill is very compact and lightweight, weighing in at a mere 60 pounds, so the dimensions of the walking tread belt are also pretty compact at just 17″ wide and 41″ long. The tread belt is a maintenance-free belt, but there is no shock absorption system or any other comfort feature.
The console is incredibly simplistic with a single black and white LCD display screen that tracks speed, distance, time and calories burned. There are no other features present on this console.
The warranty on this model includes 90 days on parts and labor.
What We Like:
- Folding Design: This model is equipped with a folding frame equipped with the patented SpaceSaver Design that makes it quick and easy to fold up and go.
- Compact Design: The entire treadmill only weighs 60 pounds, so this model is lightweight and compact. This is ideal for travel or users who cannot manage a big, bulky piece of fitness equipment.
- Price: You get what you pay for in this regard, so for $89 you can expect a treadmill that is designed for light walking and maybe some jogging.
Weslo CardioStride 3.0 Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||17" x 41"|
|Weight Capacity:||250 LBS|
|Dimensions:||52.5" L x 27" W x 42" H|
- Console Area: There really is no “console area.” There is a single display screen with basic workout readouts and that is it. There is nowhere to keep your water bottle, keys, smart phone/device, etc. There are also no workout programs, heart rate sensors or audio features. To say this console area is basic is an understatement.
- Warranty: You only get 90 days coverage on parts and labor with this machine; but for $89, who can blame them?
- Running Area: This is one of the most compact, smallest running areas we have ever seen at just 17″ wide and 41″ long. Most treadmills feature belts that are at least 20″ wide and 60″ long. Few people will feel comfortable on this small running space.
- Shock-Absorption System: This treadmill does not come with any sort of shock-absorption system, so you may have problems with an achy back or sore feet.
The Weslo CardioStride 3.0 is not for everyone. It’s a cheap treadmill with no frills, but some people may like the simplicity. We cannot really recommend this $89 treadmill to anyone who wants to do more than stroll indoors on a cheap piece of workout equipment. It’s a manually driven machine with nothing more than a walking belt and small screen. If you want to save money but purchase a treadmill that can be used for running and walking, check out our reviews of the best cheap treadmills. If you want a cheap and fairly useless product that resembles a treadmill, choose The Weslo CardioStride 3.0.