LiveStrong LS8.0T Treadmill
The LS 8.0T fares well against the more expensive models in its series. However, it is not recommended for tall runners. Extra track length is provided on the 13.0T.
What We Like
- Fitness Journal and exercise programs: Using LiveStrong’s Fitness Journal system, trainees can conveniently compare workout results with a personal best and with five previous workouts. Nine programs are built into the console. Additional programs can be downloaded and installed via a USB port.
- Motor: With its 2.50 CHP motor, this home treadmill can support speeds of up to 12 mph.
- Incline: The LS 8.0T’s track inclines up to 12%. This helps trainees target different muscle groups and burn calories even more quickly than when exercising with a 0% incline.
- Adjustable cushioning: A convenient slider system lets trainees adjust the 55” track’s MaxComfort™ cushioning.
- Console: LiveStrong consoles are simple but sleek. The 8.0T has three easy-to-read LCD windows that provide continuous feedback about time, distance, watts, and other data. It also has two built-in cup holders, a fan, and a reading rack.
- Audio: This treadmill has an MP3 player port, speakers, and a headphone jack.
- Heart rate monitor: A contact grip heart rate monitor is included.
- User capacity: The treadmill accommodates up to 325 pounds.
- Foldable: Each treadmill in this series can be folded for easy storage.
- Warranty: The LS 8.0T comes with a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, a 2-year warranty on parts, and one year of in-home labor.
What We Don’t Like
- Track length: The LS 8.0 T has an average-sized track (55”x20”). This is just fine for all but the largest exercisers.
With an incline, a strong motor, and nine workout modes, the LiveStrong 8.0T features the basics of a good home treadmill while also adding some entertaining audio distraction. It’s priced well under $1000 and is a good value.
The more expensive treadmills in this LiveStrong series have additional preset programs. Also, the top-of-the-line 13.0T has a longer track, a higher user weight capacity, and wireless heart rate monitoring.