Yowza Daytona Review
Note: It appears that Yowza has gone out of business so please beware that if you buy a machine from them that it is going to be as-is.
Yowza Fitness is known for producing good looking, well-made treadmills with industry-leading warranties. The Yowza Daytona delivers gym-quality workouts to residential trainees. Designed especially for runners, it boasts a commercial 3.5 CHP motor and a 60″ track. Some other attractive features include a 12% incline and a built-in scale that can be used to create customized workouts.
What We Like:
- Powerful Motor: The Daytona’s 3.5 HP continuous duty motor supports running speeds of .5 to 11 mph. Its heavy flywheel is balanced to provide whisper-quiet operation.
- Ergonomic Console with Extras: The Daytona’s ergonomically designed console makes it easy to start exercising right away; quick-start buttons let you adjust speed and incline on the fly. Alternatively, you can scroll to choose from a variety of preset programs or access programs that you design yourself. The console also has two cup holders, heart rate monitors, two three-speed fans, and an MP3 jack with a high-fidelity speaker system.
- Great Program Variety: Trainees get heart rate control programs, a fitness test based on heart rate recovery, speed interval programs, a 5K workout and other built-in treadmill workouts. A unique feature on the Yowza Daytona is IWM or Intelligent Workout Management. It uses a digital scale to design workouts that will help a user reach or maintain a desired weight. Workout profiles can be saved for multiple users.
- Audio Entertainment: The Daytona has an MP3 port, a convenient smartphone-sized shelf and high fidelity speakers.
- Heart Rate Monitors: Wireless and hand-grip pulse monitors are included. These interact with workout programming to automatically adjust program intensity and assess user fitness.
- Low Maintenance Deck: With three layers of lamination, the wax-injected Yowza Daytona deck is designed for a lifetime of virtually maintenance-free use. Compare this with cheap treadmills that require monthly belt lubrication.
- Excellent Shock Absorption: Three features help to provide trainees’ joints. First, the Daytona has a floating deck with elastomer rings. Second, it has variable cushioning. This provides firm support where runners push off the track and more cushioning where they land. Third, it has progressive swing-arm technology to further minimize impact on the ankles, knees and other joints.
- Warranty: Yowza’s generous standard warranty leads the industry. It includes a lifetime guarantee on the motor and frame, 5 years on parts, and 2 years of in-home labor. Three-year, four-year and five-year service plans can be purchased too. Furthermore, you get a 60-day money back guarantee and 90 days of price protection when you buy the Yowza Daytona.
Yowza Daytona Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 to 12%|
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||11 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||83" L x 35" W x 58" H|
Large Size: This treadmill has a large footprint: It requires 83″ L x 35″ W of floor space. Other Yowza treadmills (the Sebring and Osprey) can be folded to save space.
The Daytona is a great buy. It’s high quality from its commercial motor to its scratch-resistant, sturdy steel frame. The built-in scale with associated workouts is also a great selling point. Like all Yowza treadmills, this machine is sold with a best-in-class warranty package. Although Yowza has had some customer service issues recently, the Daytona is a decent machine for runners weighing up to 350 pounds.