Good value makes the Delray Plus Treadmill a favorite for at-home walking and running. This basic but well-built cardio trainer now sells for just $1,099 (down from $1,699) and carries a best-in-class warranty worthy of treadmills twice its price: Owners get five years of parts and electronics protection, two years of free in-home servicing, and lifetime coverage on the frame and motor.
The Delray Plus is a step above the Delray, which is Yowza’s entry level treadmill. Compared with that model the Delray Plus is larger and more powerful — a fine match for daily runners as well as walkers. The Yowza Delray Plus has a 20″ x 60″ track like standard fitness club treadmills, and its 3.0 CHP motor meets the industry’s power standard for home treadmills for runners. The treadmill’s speed range is 0.5 to 11.2 mph, and “express” speed buttons are included for specifying 3, 6, 9 and 11 mph.
A favorite feature that benefits walkers and runners alike is the 12-level power incline. Moving between the incline settings is convenient with up/down console buttons and four quick-set buttons for 3, 6, 9, and 12 percent tilt. Incline training naturally boosts the metabolism, plus it supports great muscle tone.
Another valuable feature of the Delray Plus is its Swing Arm Suspension deck. This high quality cushioning reduces stress on leg joints to make walking and running more comfortable. Besides promoting comfort and helping to prevent injury, this suspension system helps maximize calorie burn by influencing muscle contraction. Yowza Fitness reports that Swing Arm Suspension boosts calorie burn by 14 to 23 percent per session.
Other specs of interest include arm rails for safety, 15 preset and custom workout programs, a tablet rack, an MP3 player port and speakers, and a water bottle holder.
The Delray Plus Treadmill weighs 211 pounds and has a 300-pound user weight capacity. Its footprint measures 78″ long and 34″ wide. Wheels are attached to make transport easier.
A 30-day money back guarantee is included with factory-direct purchase.
What We Like:
- Track Size and Quality: The Yowza Delray Plus provides a 20″ x 60″ workout area. This gives just about anyone more than enough room to walk, jog or run without feeling restricted. The belt moves quietly too thanks to its bottom layer being a nylon-polyester “Whisper Weave.” The belt arrives already lubricated for about 400 hours of smooth use, and then requires waxing by the owner to ensure continued skip-free performance.
- Safety: Handrails and an emergency stop feature are included on the Delray Plus to enhance safety.
- Motor: The track is powered by a quiet 3.0 CHP motor that’s under lifetime warranty. The motor supports a high speed of 11.2 mph. It’s not meant to support marathon trainers but is more than adequate for the typical runner’s workouts.
- Incline: The track has 12 levels of incline with a maximum 12% grade to enhance calorie burn, help sculpt lean muscle, and boost your cardiovascular challenge.
- Deck: Patented deck cushioning called Swing Arm Suspension makes the Delray Plus significantly more joint-friendly than outdoor training surfaces.
- Preset Workouts: Great workout variety is provided. Examples include a heart rate control program, a 5K walk or run, a speed interval program with 12 intensity levels, and a weight loss program with 12 intensity levels. Trainees can also design and save new programs.
- User Profiles: Seven user profiles can be saved to the console computer. These help track fitness over time, and a profile also lets the treadmill deliver more accurate calorie burn information by considering the user’s weight.
- Audio: Yowza treadmills have ports and speakers for MP3 players.
- High Capacity: This residential treadmill has a maximum user weight capacity of 300 pounds.
- Straightforward Assembly: The Delray Plus is relatively easy to assemble in about an hour. Many parts are already connected and the machine arrives with a well-written manual.
- Warranty: Yowza Fitness leads the home treadmill industry with its warranties. The Delray Plus Non-Folding Treadmill is sold with lifetime protection on the frame and motor. The residential warranty also provides for five years of parts/electronics coverage and two years of labor, which is provided in-home. With many competitors, in contrast, the owner needs to ship a faulty treadmill for maintenance.
Yowza Delray Plus Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Running Area:||20" x 60"|
|Top Speed:||11 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||78" L x 34" W x 53" H|
- Lower-Tech Computer: The console computer is impressive in terms of providing diverse training programs and accurate feedback. However, it uses basic technology when compared with consoles on higher-priced Yowza treadmills such as the Boca.
- Sound System: Audiophiles may be disappointed by the built-in speakers, which aren’t very loud.
- Large Footprint: With its 78″ long by 36″ wide deck, the Yowza Delray Plus Non-Folding Treadmill requires a relatively large dedicated workout space. If you need a full-sized treadmill for running, but can’t give up the space, then a sturdy folding treadmill from Yowza or another brand could be a better option.
Yowza Fitness offers an decent deal on the Delray Plus Non-Folding Treadmill. Although we have seen some customer service issues with Yowza recently, this cardio trainer can serve a household trouble-free for years longer than many comparably priced alternatives, and exercise sessions are high quality thanks to great performance essentials and useful training guidance. The console isn’t very feature-rich, but with the addition of your tablet computer or MP3 player, time can fly by as calories melt away. For budgets just over $1,000 the Delray Plus is a good value.