The newly redesigned ProForm 505 CST is a budget-friendly entry-level treadmill designed for durability and convenience. SpaceSaver design equips this model with the EasyLift folding mechanism, making it quick and easy to fold and store as needed. Thankfully, this compact model does not compromise convenience for comfort.
Designed with ProForm’s ProShox Cushioning, the 505 CST provides users with excellent cushioning throughout the entire running area to protect joints from impact. A 2.5 CHP motor drives the treadmill, offering users a motorized incline of up to 10% and speeds from 0 to 10 mph. However, the running area is fairly compact at 20″ x 55″ (a sacrifice for the compact design). This model also features smaller 1.9″ balanced non-flex rollers that decrease tension and create a smoother run. Again, the small rollers are a result of the compact design.
The console area is pretty basic, equipped with audio functionality, a reading rack, and water bottle holders. Users also have access to a 6″ backlit screen featuring three displays that show speed, time and distance. Eighteen built-in workout programs are also included, developed by certified personal trainers. Some of these programs use your heart rate to make automatic adjustments to the speed and incline as needed. To keep track of your heart rate, you can use the KG Heart Rate monitoring two-hand grip sensors. Unfortunately, there is no wireless monitoring option for this model.
The warranty for this treadmill covers the lifetime of the frame, 25 years on the motor, and 1 year on parts.
What We Like:
- Price: This model comes with an impressive $999 price tag. Even for an entry-level treadmill, that’s a great price for a reputable brand. The lifetime warranty on the frame is also uncommon at this price.
- Folding Design: A SpaceSaver design, this model uses EasyLift folding technology to make it incredibly easy to fold and store the machine. The deck is also light and compact, so it’s a good choice for small spaces.
- Program Variety: For an entry-level treadmill, the 18 built-in programs are a pretty robust offering. These workout programs offer something for everyone and are developed by certified personal trainers. The treadmill will adjust incline and speed in sync with these programs.
- Audio Capabilities: Though this model lacks some entertainment flair, it does come equipped with two 2″ Intermix Acoustics speakers and smartphone compatibility.
- Motor: The Mach Z commercial-grade electromagnetic DC motor is powerful, long-lasting and quiet when in operation. It’s not the most powerful motor, but 2.5 HP isn’t bad.
- Warranty: ProForm offers a lifetime warranty on the frame, 25 years on the motor, and 1 year on parts. That’s an impressive package at this price and shows that ProForm stands behind its equipment.
ProForm 505 CST Treadmill - Key Specs:
|Incline:||0 – 10%|
|Running Area:||20" x 55"|
|Top Speed:||10 MPH|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||68" L x 73" W x 36" H|
- Running Area: Even though this is supposed a compact model, the running area is still fairly cramped at just 20″ wide and 55″ long. This will be an issue for taller users.
- Speed Controls: 10 mph isn’t too bad, but we like to see speed offerings closer to 12 mph. A running speed topping out at 10 mph, which is a problem if you want to do sprint runs or interval training.
- Entertainment Options: Previous models offered iFit compatibility, not this one! There are no real entertainment offerings to speak of and the display screen isn’t too flashy either. You get the basics with this model and not much else by way of fitness tracking or entertainment.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The 505 CST comes with a KG heart rate grip sensor as well as heart rate monitoring programs, but you cannot use a wireless receiver to track heart rate.
Overall, this model is a pretty good entry-level treadmill for walking to light running and comes from a reputable brand. Don’t expect to be wowed, but this is about as much as you can expect from $999 treadmill. ProForm’s treadmills are known for being durable, reliable and easy to use. This machine is no exception. With a space-saving folding design, a durable shock-absorption system, and impressive program variety, the ProForm 505 CST is a good option for in-home use (especially if multiple people share the same machine). If you’re on a budget but still want a reliable treadmill, the ProForm 505 CST just might be the machine for you.